report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2008, 02:40 PM

Online Focus Groups

I qualified for a online focus group for tonight from 8:00pm to 9:30pm EST.
During the focus group I will take notes and after it is overI will post a review of it on my blog.
It is with a legit survey panel. I am excited because it is for a decent amount of change.....will keep you guys posted.

Later

Last edited by katiescorner : 11-24-2008 at 02:33 PM.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:24 AM

Re: Online Focus Groups

What a disappointment. I rushed home from work, skipped the gym so I could cook dinner before starting this focus group online. Well it never happened.

This is the email I got from them Nov 5th,

Hi,

Thank you for your recent interest in participating in an online focus group scheduled for Thursday, November 6th from 8:00pm(ET) - 9.30pm(ET) We would like to invite you to join the group. A few reminders:

- The group will run from 8:00pm(ET) - 9:30pm(ET) Thursday, November 6th
- You require a personal computer with internet connection (must have Windows Operating System). Mac users may only participate if they have a Windows Operating System
- You may not participate if you have completed an online focus group in the past 10 days
- A payment of $US75 will be made to you for your time

Please expect to receive an email from our software provider, NQUAL, with a download link. We ask that you log in to the online focus group 15 minutes ahead of the group (e.g. 7:45pm(ET)) to avoid any technical difficulties.

If you could also confirm to me via email the State you currently reside, it would be much appreciated

If you have any questions, please let us know or you can contact NQUAL at support@nqual.com. We regret that late arrivals to log in may result in the individual not being able to participate.

We look forward to your participation on Wednesday evening.

Kind Regards,

Adejoké Onile-Ere
Research Assistant
www.icd-research.com

I never got a email with a download link and I refreshed my email every 2 minutes, the email STILL hasnt come, IT never ended up in the spam folder either.
One thing I noticed is at the bottom of the email it said. "We look forward to your participation on
Wednesday evening."

But at the top of the email it says it starts "The group will run from 8:00pm(ET) - 9:30pm(ET) Thursday, November 6th"

So this is conflicting information. Very sloppy IMO.

The search panel this focus group came from was focusfwdonline.com

I will do a review of them today on myh blog. Thanks for reading guys

Old 11-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Silver Member

It sounds weird, I would think that they are either very disorganized or they are playing with you.

Last edited by legitebiz : 11-07-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Never heard of that site and I've been doing surveys and focus groups for almost five years now.

I just started one today myself. It pays $895 and will take about 3 hours of my actual time. Be careful when signing up for these things and make sure you are following legitimate links.

Im not saying this place isn't legit but it doesn't even ring a vague bell.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:04 AM

Katie I feel they are legit because I can tell right off the bat it was not a email harvasting site and i have gotten a few paid emails from them. If they pay out of not I dont know cause I have not reached the 10.00 min yet but it feels legit.
I did get a follow up email stating I "miss" the thursday focus group and I they will do it again Nov 11th. So I will post again on it at that time.
On a side note can you pm me the information for the focus group that is paying you 800+ I would like to sign up with them and review them on my blog down the line.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:37 PM

I sent you the link, it's a study that is only in 6 states and 200 per state... I feel pretty lucky to have gotten in!

Old 11-15-2008, 07:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I actually participated in that focus group on Thursday. It was a lot of fun and I was excited to receive $75 for it. I received an email the next day saying that I would receive an amazon gift card within a week. I was disappointed that it didn't pay cash, but still okay with it, but I have yet to receive the amazon card. I sent an email but haven't received a response yet.

Last edited by katiescorner : 11-15-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:01 AM

Hey guys I just wanted to update you on the online survey panel focus forward online. Well I stated before I quailified for their focus group but never got the email with the link it in to download their software.
Well I got another online focus group invite monday for tonight (thursday) seems I overlooked in the email when they ask for you to reply with what State you live in. I di dthen got a follow up email tuesday to reply with my telephone number.
I did and I got a phone call today from the UK confiriming I am going to be in the focus group tonight and that they will send me the link to download the software fo rthe focus group which runs from 7:30est to 9:00pm est and payment is 75.00.
so we will see what happens. I will do a full report on my blog after the focus group to give it the big thumbs up or thumbs down.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:03 AM

Let me know when/if you get that gift card. I dont mind if it is from amazon I plan on using all my survey money and surveys that give amazon gift cards and buying a 32" LCD from them so I dont mind it at all.
You should post on here your expereicne with the focus group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgloc View Post
I actually participated in that focus group on Thursday. It was a lot of fun and I was excited to receive $75 for it. I received an email the next day saying that I would receive an amazon gift card within a week. I was disappointed that it didn't pay cash, but still okay with it, but I have yet to receive the amazon card. I sent an email but haven't received a response yet.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I wrote 3 emails to the Adejoke Onile-Ere person asking about the compensation and finally heard back from David Sanders of The ID Factor (david.sanders@theidfactor.com ). He said there had been a delay with their partner and I should receive it by last Friday (2 days from when he responded). I have still not received it. He said they were raising the amount by $25, and I hope they still do, but I am still very skeptical. I could really use that $100 Amazon voucher for Xmas. I will post if I ever actually receive the payment.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 AM

Hmmm ok. I will give it until monday. If I don't hear anything I will write both parties a email. You should have to chase someone down to get paid but I will if it means getting 100.00.
Anyhow I will keep the forum posted.
mgloc. Thanks a bunch

Old 11-24-2008, 04:58 PM

just got this so we will see but I like the fast reply .So far I am standing by them.
Katie you might want to check them out also.

Kenny,

You will be contacted and sent your reward, within 7 days of completing your focus group. In as much as this week is a holiday week, you may be receiving your $75 Amazon gift reward via email early next week.

Thank you,
iCD Research

Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 7:27 PM
To: Adejoke Onile-Ere
Cc: david.sanders@theidfactor.com
Subject: Payment For Latest Focus Group

I finished the latest focus group and was told by the moderator Paul I would be contact with my prize. I am confused #1) The email stated my prize would be 75.00 why do I need to be contact? Also how am I going to be paid this amount? Paypal? Check? #2) I have yet to be contacted by anyone yet and I finished the focus group Thursday.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:16 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I finally received the Amazon codes on the 25th for the focus group I completed on the 5th. They worked and everything is settled now. From what I gather, they had a delay with Amazon for some reason and that is why it took so long for payment. Now that I know that they pay, I will participate again if I receive an invitation.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:32 AM

Perfect mgloc. Thanks for the update. I will also post when I getmy gift card, how long it took to get it and how many times I had to contact Focus Forward until I got paid.

Agian thanks.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:22 AM

I got payment today for my foucs group took a week and a half to get the payment. it was 75.00 in amazon gift cards.

1 gift card for 25.00 and another for 50.00. So they pay. You guys might want to head over to the site and register.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 AM

Congratulations! It's always a treat to get money in your mailbox and email!