report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

west at home (westathome.com)

I found this company online and they advertise that you can make money by working from home. Before I delve any deeper; I was wondering if any one knew or heard anything negative about this company?

Old 01-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Re: west at home (westathome.com)

West is a legit work at home company.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Silver Member

Yes, West is legit. I once considered applying, but since my kids are too young and hard to do the phone work, so gave up.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Platinum Member

West is a legit companies , they hire CSRs

Old 01-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Gold Member

What are CSRs if I may ask?
I just know of CRS - can't remember ****! Haha~

Old 01-04-2008, 09:30 AM

CSR's = Customer Service Representitives. :star: Thanks for asking something new... it was getting to be quite the echo in here! :clown:

Old 01-19-2008, 09:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I applied with this company. I got a reply back from them 2 days later. They sent me a link with a validation code. When I clicked on the link, I received a warning that the site did not have a certificate, to proceed with caution. I went ahead and entered the site. Filled out all of the nessesary forms...including my person ID, ie drivers license and SS#. This was Thursday, and I have not yet received any emails stating that they have my info or that they were doing a background check, nothing. I found a # to call them, and of course, I get a voice mail to leave a message. I am now worried that I have given my personal info to a fraudulent site. Anyone please tell me that I haven't just made a HUGE error in judgement!

Old 01-21-2008, 04:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I don't know if I am allowed to "bump" threads here or not, but I am going to attempt it to see if anyone can help me with this. Thank you.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

hey! I just did the same thing, what is the number that you called? I have looked all over trying to find a number? I havent finished the paperwork, I got scared!!

Old 01-22-2008, 06:00 PM

Lionel Tay is the dedicated Employee Relations contact for all West At Home Employees. Lionel is available Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Contact Phone # 1-866-504-6918.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I was wondering had anyone heard back from west at home and have started working?? I recently completed the application process about a week ago and haven't heard anything back yet...

Old 02-03-2008, 06:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am an actual West employee, not WestatHome but through one of their physical call centers. It is a very legit company that takes information confidentiality of their applicants, employees, and clients very seriously. If you applied through the actual WestAtHome website then I wouldn't worry too much.

In fact, once the time was right I myself was planning on leaving the call center and becoming an at home employee.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:59 PM
MomOnAMission

I do believe that WEST AT HOME is legit. But I believe that their home workers are Independent Contractor's. You would not be an employee.
So, Since I was looking to be an employee..at home......I found WESTAT......do not confuse them with WESTATHOME. Two different companies. I start my paid training in a few days.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I work for west at home now. They are a legit company. I am an employee. From what I gathered, they did away with the independant contractor thing a few months ago.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmbjm View Post
I applied with this company. I got a reply back from them 2 days later. They sent me a link with a validation code. When I clicked on the link, I received a warning that the site did not have a certificate, to proceed with caution. I went ahead and entered the site. Filled out all of the nessesary forms...including my person ID, ie drivers license and SS#. This was Thursday, and I have not yet received any emails stating that they have my info or that they were doing a background check, nothing. I found a # to call them, and of course, I get a voice mail to leave a message. I am now worried that I have given my personal info to a fraudulent site. Anyone please tell me that I haven't just made a HUGE error in judgement!
that same thing happened to me but when I entered in my info it didn't take me anywhere. it was as if the page refreshed itself

Old 07-01-2008, 07:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This is a legit company, however they have left to be desire. They don't pay comission properly. You can not get anyway to answer you questions. It get more headaches in this job then my real job.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:07 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOnAMission View Post
I do believe that WEST AT HOME is legit. But I believe that their home workers are Independent Contractor's. You would not be an employee.
So, Since I was looking to be an employee..at home......I found WESTAT......do not confuse them with WESTATHOME. Two different companies. I start my paid training in a few days.
I don't understand what you are saying here. You say that you found WESTAT....... and to not confuse them with WESTATHOME?
Like huh? What's the difference between WESTAT and WESTATHOME? Is the company that you are referring to where you applied for your work at home called WESTAT.COM? Very confused as to which website you went to to apply for your work at home with westathome. Because as far as I'm concerned there is only one website for you to apply for either the call center or the work at home and that's westathome.com. Now if you know of another website where you actually went and applied for the work at home with WESTAt, please please reply with that website without putting in the www. Thanks

Old 09-20-2008, 02:10 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsucks View Post
This is a legit company, however they have left to be desire. They don't pay comission properly. You can not get anyway to answer you questions. It get more headaches in this job then my real job.
Hi, and sorry for your bad experience but can you answer a couple of questions for me below:

1. Which website did you actually go to and apply for your work at home with westathome?

2. How long after you applied with westathome, did you get a reply from them for working at home?

3. How long have you been with westathome and how much would you say you have made so far?

4. Are you still with westathome or not and why?

Answer all thanks