report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 06:45 AM
We are all that we have

Re: Are you ethiest or religious ???

Quote:
First of all Relgions are not the cause of wars.
Correct...religions themselves don't cause wars...its only the spreading of religious teachings and their different dogmas interpreted by some dimly lit, insecure folks that create those scenarios. ( I've got to give equal time for politics and war also. Religion and politics both go down the same road hand in hand with their insecurities.)
Mostly, war on the planet is just a "carrying out" on the outside of the battles going on inside of these insecure "radicals."

Quote:
Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus have a sword fight.
Correct again. However, according to the bible, he chooses to manipulate the free wills of his followers with some pretty good miracles...anything to influence the simple folks to believe in his greatness...
Hes cunning enough to realize that these people are "easy pickins."

Quote:
It (religion) teaches a set of ethics that are sadly not taught by parents nowadays.
It is up to the parents to teach the philosophy of morality by example to their children.

An excerpt from the philosopher Steven Law's argument against "Morality without religion has no firm foundation"
Quote:
LOSS OF RELIGION HAS CAUSED SOCIAL PROBLEMS

1. Co-occurrence doesn’t establish causal connection. Many other changes: homes stand empty. People don’t know their neighbours or community.

2. 200 years ago 50 times more crime in UK than there is now. Yet far more religious.

3. When we look across world’s developed democracies, we find that those that are most religious – including, of course, the United States (where 43% of citizens claim to attend church weekly) – have the highest rates of homicide, sexually transmitted disease (STD), teen pregnancy and abortion. The least religious countries, such as Canada, Japan and Sweden, have the lowest rates.
http://stephenlaw.blogspot.com/2011/...igion-has.html
Quote:
The only reason why you have freedoms is because of the Reformation and translating the bible to English.., and if you can't see that, it's not my problem.
If there was a different reason, say political, other than Christianity, wouldn't we still know freedom? This "need" to be free, I feel, is inside the people...religion (that insecure feeling) back then only fed that need. The proof being that this need to be free was true way before religion got hold of the idea. Atheist politicians, in fact any leaders of civilization back then, could've also given freedom to us. And still religion keeps the free locked up in stagnation.....only in their minds. IMHO, they are slaves to the imbecilic idea of a personal god of the bible, or Quran.

The Christian bible is only a law book. So was King Hammuraburi's Code..it was based on morality also. The idea of morality was in place long before either of these religions. The Babylonians believed in the god Marduk 2500 years before the idea of Christ came along.

Quote:
you do not understand yet the difference between Catholicism and true-Christianity.
Merriam-Webster says that the're the same.....Christian. Yes, there are some slight differences, but the main theme is in place. There are some Catholics that probably look upon Protestants in the same way that you look upon them. This entire business (Religion) is only an emotionally-fed "wrong turn," IMHO.
Quote:
Christianity:
the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies
I think that your personal emotional bias won't allow you to even conceive of being linked to the Catholics. Is this a learned pattern of thought, or an adaptation of some deep, inner insecurity?
Quote:
Atheism is being created on purpose to help destroy all current religions.
Nope.....atheism has been around at least as long as there have been any form of belief in a "higher power." It is simply the absence of a belief in any form of deity. Usually atheism occurs as an unemotional idea formed by critically-thinking, inwardly secure individuals after carefully observing all evidence for and against the existence of a personal deity. Finding no viable occurrences of a "god of the bible," these folks disallow the religious experience to interfere with that which simply "is."
Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Old 11-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote:
Atheism is being created on purpose to help destroy all current religions.
Atheism wasn't created nor does it have an agenda. Atheism or Skepticism has been around since the first faithful, of any faith, said there was a god or deity.

Atheist don't believe for one reason and one reason only....the non-existence of proof for god or ANY deity.

As Science learns more...discovers more about the Earth, the Universe and Humans...much of what was thought to be the process of a deity, turns out not to be so. (age of the earth, global flood myth, all creatures created at the same time....)

Thus, it's for valid reasons Atheist hold their non-belief in a deity.
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:24 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I believe in god. I love god and good follower.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priyadarshini View Post
I believe in god. I love god and good follower.
You make a perfect sheep.
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
I don't think Satan would want you claiming to be one of his kids.
No, this isn't one of mine. I've got only two - ignorance and poverty, and they are a real handful without everyone else claiming to be one of mine.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Stick to thread topics please & don't scam.

I believe in proper spelling

Old 01-24-2012, 04:52 PM

Re: Are you Athiest or religious ???

I edited your title for you. Really eithiest?

To answer your question....there is one God. Not the earthbound devil that leads organized Christianity into fear and guilt murder and ignorance. God is love, not on Tv or a church..in your heart.

Try this....FEEL emotion and ask God to enter your heart. Simple....do it a few times til you feel something. If God isn't real, you'll still be an atheist...I guarantee a warm loving blanket will swell your heart and make you choke up if you simply ask and FEEL HIM.

Last edited by Administrator : 01-24-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sviat View Post
Try this....FEEL emotion and ask God to enter your heart. Simple....do it a few times til you feel something. If God isn't real, you'll still be an atheist...I guarantee a warm loving blanket will swell your heart and make you choke up if you simply ask and FEEL HIM.
Be quiet. Don't tell them, otherwise who will be left to serve (not worship) me?

Old 01-24-2012, 05:09 PM

The bible is flawed and full of human agenda. Any church or organized religion is corrupt, driven by power and money, so eliminate that all and deal with the BIG MAN yourself.

Ask any question and the true answer if NOT driven by love is not the real and one true GOD.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:14 PM

If you don't "get it" I guess you have more lives to come back to.

I am an old soul and KNOW what I KNOW, because I FEEL it in my heart and there's no doubt in my mind.

The bible is interesting but who cares?
Anyone that quotes and lives it line by line has to come back in another life because they don't "get it".

The spark of God, the light, knowing that the gods people worship here are low level earthbound spirits tricking people into worshipping him with fear, guilt, and sin.

Jesus came here to spread divine truth but the TIME wasn't right socially, and they killed him.

2000 years later people are still holding onto to nonsense.

Read this and buy an amazon book or two and wake up

Last edited by Administrator : 01-24-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
deal with the BIG MAN yourself
He is sick and tired of dealing with people directly. That's why he sent Jesus to simply the law for humans who seem to be incapable of following simple rules.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Any good in humanity is from the cultural teachings passed down rooted in Christianity.

Without the influence of religion you'd have no concept of good and evil. Abandoning God leads to the worship of the State or the Self.
What complete bullshiz!

Quote:
The conflict between good and evil is one of the precepts of the Zoroastrian faith, first enshrined by Zarathustra over 3000 years ago.
Wait so, Chri$tianity co-opted the theme?

Morals were around long before Chri$tianity. The Chinese were a moral culture way before Chri$tianity.

A non-belief in gawd has nothing to do with worship of state or self, but rather an acknowledgement that there exists no proof of god.

Quote:
You have no idea what you worship (yes, atheists do worship too.).
Actually, no. Atheism is simply a non-belief in gawd based on the lack of evidence. YOU are an Athiest, I just disbelieve in one more gawd than you do.

Quote:
And yes, if you don't worship God, you worship Satan. There is no way around it. There is no need to believe in the devil to worship him.
Well, your statement belies logic. Shocker.

Quote:
If you are not a begotten child of God, you are of your father the devil. You have no choice. By rejecting God, you've made your choice.
And, you have made a choice of ignorance. Again, shocker.

Last edited by LogicallyYours : 01-24-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I don't know whether I am religious or not ? some times I believe in god some times not. Because if god is there why he did not created the nature equally. Till now, I am not able to understand the secret of the nature.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am religious. I love to see god in my life. Whether it is possible or not I don't know I am waiting for the last 10 years and not waiting even I am praying for it.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:

To answer your question....there is one God. Not the earthbound devil that leads organized Christianity into fear and guilt murder and ignorance. God is love, not on Tv or a church..in your heart.

So you are asking people to rely on something as unreliable as human emotion to prove the existence of God? That's putting a lot of trust into human emotion. That same function is what told Osama bin Laden he was right to hate the west. Emotions drive a lot of hateful actions as well as a lot of good ones, but to tell people to blindly trust their emotions and that will lead them to some higher power is concerning.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Newbie Member

I think being agnostic is the most reasonable standpoint towards religion as to almost every other aspect in life.

How can one be absolutely certain that God does exist, or does not exist? Who is there to really know. All belief (or disbelief) in a "God" is merely constructed upon assertions, ideologies, and opinions. In my opinion it basically comes down to how one looks at the world, a "reality tunnel" (interpretation) dictates the perception.

Quote:
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."

" "Is," "is." "is" — the idiocy of the word haunts me. If it were abolished, human thought might begin to make sense. I don't know what anything "is"; I only know how it seems to me at this moment."

"All phenomena are real in some sense, unreal in some sense, meaningless in some sense, real and meaningless in some sense, unreal and meaningless in some sense, and real and unreal and meaningless in some sense."

"I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions."

"ONLY THE MADMAN IS ABSOLUTELY SURE."

-Robert Anton Wilson

Old 02-19-2012, 07:58 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eris-Discordia View Post
I think being agnostic is the most reasonable standpoint towards religion as to almost every other aspect in life.

How can one be absolutely certain that God does exist, or does not exist? Who is there to really know. All belief (or disbelief) in a "God" is merely constructed upon assertions, ideologies, and opinions. In my opinion it basically comes down to how one looks at the world, a "reality tunnel" (interpretation) dictates the perception.
An atheist is not certain that god does not exist. Atheism is a statement about belief, agnosticism about knowledge. One can be an agnostic atheist, a gnostic atheist, an agnostic theist or a gnostic theist.

What you have described is agnostic atheism.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 AM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:

Hmm... I just noticed, but you changed the title from one misspelling to another. The correct spelling is ATHEIST.

edit: Oops, should have finished scrolling down first. The Aussies are all over the spelling mistakes tonight :)