report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: How do you feel about Amway?
It's legit 5 41.67%
A little suspicious 0 0%
Moderately suspicious 0 0%
IT'S A SCAM!!! 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #19  
Old 01-10-2007, 05:00 AM
sojustask's Avatar
sojustask sojustask is offline
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 13,894
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptic Al
Lady Mod,

I guess sorter is a little bit like decider (do you get the reference?). I am not sure what your role is. I don't have time to read all of your 11,241 (16.4 per day) posts. The ones I have read since I have joined this forum are decidedly pro MLM. I find this to be interesting on a site that is supposed to be a forum to discuss the pros and cons of MLM that you are a moderator.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_moderator
I never was against MLM. I'm against Illegal pyramids. MLM is not an illegal pyramid, though some illegal pyramids pose as MLM.

Forum Description: Multi level marketing and Get Rich Quick schemes legal and illegal.

Quote:
All that aside your condescending ("darlin","cupcake",etc.) attitude along with the insults and obfuscation are not adding anything to the discussion. You seemingly always take the low road and again your last few posts have been non responsive and insulting. Wserra has not stooped to your level. He has presented some very well thought out points and has asked some very good questions. Isn't that what this forum is trying to promote? Or is this forum just a free advertising board for MLMers. Based on the moderators, posted links, and paid advertisements, maybe that is what it really is. If that's the case then be honest and people like wserra won't waste their time trying to present their views.
Pardon me but, your first post on this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptic Al
This is the kind of response that comes from a "moderator" on this forum. This site is a joke! Hey cupcake do me a favor and ban me.

Lady Mod, you ignorant ****! That should do it. Later, dudes.

I hadn't insulted the thread creator, just posed a thought and question to her about supporting her fiance and father of her child.

You chose to give insult with the above response directed at me.

Quote:
Now I will sign off and you can insult me, my intelligence, whatever you want. Hey, maybe you'll ban me this time who knows, who cares. Keep posting, you are the poster child for all that is wrong with MLM.
Come back when you can't stay so long.


Lady Mod
__________________
.
When an honest man/woman who is mistaken learns the truth, at that exact moment, he/she ceases to be mistaken or he/she ceases to be honest.

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld


Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 01-10-2007, 05:06 AM
sojustask's Avatar
sojustask sojustask is offline
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 13,894
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapboxmom
I hate to point out the obvious, but Lady, you are arguing with a highly respected attorney and that might just explain why you are losing the debate.
One has to be debating to actually win or lose a debate. I am not debating. If he is a lawyer, respected or otherwise, then he should have no problems telling his paralegal to look up the pertinent laws. That's what he pays them for.


Furthermore, one would not know he was intelligent by the caliber of his response to the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wserra
Absolutely.

You know, my wife decided to quit her job and start a business hunting for clam shells on the beach, then painting them red, white and blue (she's very patriotic) and selling them for $1000 each. I had my doubts that this would work, but I thought it very important to actually support her and not rain on her parade.

I'm sorry, unraveledpoet, about your fiance's involvement. But it's not just Quixtar. It's a ripoff industry.

Definition Scam: [n] a fraudulent business scheme
[v] deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"


Interesting, Attorneys are definitely one of those "ripoff" professions. Maybe he recognizes a kinship with the MLM industry?


Quote:
I wonder if the owners meant for the Mods to harrass the posters.

Soapboxmom
I wasn't. Your buddy took the first shot.

Lady Mod
__________________
.
When an honest man/woman who is mistaken learns the truth, at that exact moment, he/she ceases to be mistaken or he/she ceases to be honest.

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Reply With Quote

  #21  
Old 01-10-2007, 05:10 AM
sojustask's Avatar
sojustask sojustask is offline
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 13,894
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptic Al
I still haven't figured out how this site allows a Quixtar IBO to be the moderator on these Quixtar threads, let alone the MLM forum. Can the owners of this site please explain how they expect to have any credibility with this obvious conflict of interest.

Is anyone other than these biased moderators monitoring this site? Hello .....
I look forward to a response from someone other than sojustask.
There isn't a conflict of interest. Read the MLM forum description. I allow discussion from both sides of the fence. This is not an anti MLM site. Where did you ever get that idea?

Read the rest of the rules. Moderators have opinions and are free to state them. Read the announcement, statements made on the site are not the responsibility of the site owners.

When the site stops making money to support itself or the owners want the space for something more profitable, they will tear it down and put something else up.


Lady Mod
__________________
.
When an honest man/woman who is mistaken learns the truth, at that exact moment, he/she ceases to be mistaken or he/she ceases to be honest.

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld



Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 01-10-2007, 05:36 AM
lisan23's Avatar
lisan23 lisan23 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,186
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Ok, finding a law is not hard. I do it all the time.

As for soapboxmom - you disgust me. You are by far the most negative person on this board and you have never once shown a positive side that I have ever seen. You cannot simply accept the fact that people look at things differently than you do and just because you've had a bad experience with something you assume that everyone will too. I just cannot stand even reading your posts anymore, I'm ignoring you. :| Learn to lighten up.
__________________

Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 01-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Soapboxmom's Avatar
Soapboxmom Soapboxmom is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,366
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23
Ok, finding a law is not hard. I do it all the time.

As for soapboxmom - you disgust me. You are by far the most negative person on this board and you have never once shown a positive side that I have ever seen. You cannot simply accept the fact that people look at things differently than you do and just because you've had a bad experience with something you assume that everyone will too. I just cannot stand even reading your posts anymore, I'm ignoring you. :| Learn to lighten up.
Owners say:
Quote:
Ok, listen up folks. Scam.com's daily visitors have dropped 35% this month and I am blaming the harse treatment of our members. Scam.com is an open forum, for ALL points of view. This board was founded on controversy and debate. It is now becoming what it was trying to fight against, censorship.
Sorry, but owners say my opinion is just as worthy as yours. You are stuck with me, my calculations, anti-MLM stance and sincere desire to help others. Thanks to me many avoided scams like PAS, which was shut down by the SEC and will save 10 grand+ by avoiding Advantage Conferences. If the owners decree all points of view are to be welcome then that is the welcoming atmosphere everyone should be benefitting from!

Soapboxmom

Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 01-10-2007, 06:08 AM
sojustask's Avatar
sojustask sojustask is offline
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 13,894
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapboxmom
Owners say:


Sorry, but owners say my opinion is just as worthy as yours. You are stuck with me, my calculations, anti-MLM stance and sincere desire to help others. Thanks to me many avoided scams like PAS, which was shut down by the SEC and will save 10 grand+ by avoiding Advantage Conferences. If the owners decree all points of view are to be welcome then that is the welcoming atmosphere everyone should be benefitting from!

Soapboxmom
Your views are welcome but since I was talking to the owner at the time he was writing that particular announcement I can tell you he wasn't referring to the MLM forum. He was referring to the Politics forum and the treatment given to those who didn't support Bush and were getting banned left and right for being liberal. LOL.

We had tried a little experiment of Lady Mod not moderating for two weeks in that forum and that's how much the stats had dropped because of it.

The MLM forum has never had the concern about not having controversy or both points of view allowed.


Lady Mod
__________________
.
When an honest man/woman who is mistaken learns the truth, at that exact moment, he/she ceases to be mistaken or he/she ceases to be honest.

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 01-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Ryz@EBookDebate.com Ryz@EBookDebate.com is offline
Counselor
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

This has been heavily debated for decades. Let me just state that I am not a self-declared "Anti-MLM" combatant. However, through reading and research and personally experiencing the Quixtar/Amway atmosphere, I have some problems with their infamous "system."

Many members of Amway originally signed up because they were persuaded to attend an open meeting, were further hyped up on ideas of "early financial freedom" and simplicity, and then signed the necessary documents to entitle them "IBO," while thinking all the while: "All I need to do is recruit! I just need to buy as many motivational supplies as possible, and I'll soon have all the family time in the world!"

And, what happens to many of them? They purchase various tools ("on system") on a monthly basis, usually resulting in a net loss for many months to come, if not every month. What's the problem? Too much focus on emotions and motivation. Encouragement and development of a "winner" mind-set can be a great, helpful tool in building a business. However, when motivation is placed so far above teaching members effecitve, New-age methods on how to sell the system, the end result is simply an optimistic failure. Only success will earn you money in MLM.

However, with companies such as Amway/Quixtar, there are other suspicious aspects...

Around the 1980s, Rich DeVos, co-founder of Amway, recognized the potential abuse that was starting to develop in the ever so popular "Tools" system. Too much emphasis was put on buying tapes, books, and personalized presentation material in such aggresive manners that their methods were declared borderline "Pyramid scheme." They escaped prosecution by the government (time and time again), but regardless of whatever you choose to believe, one fact remains constant: Quixtar/Amway appears more interested in selling you motivation, including old-fashioned cassette tapes, rather than researching and teaching New-Age techniques to improve salesmanship performance.

Hmm, has anyone ever heard of "Downloadable training material?" How about monthly video training? The smallest, inexperienced MLMs are catching on to the convenience and efficiency of the internet. So, why do highly popular MLM companies such as Amway stress the $6 tapes/CDs and $50 arena seminars? Why increase the red numbers in IBO profit reports by only encouraging the weekly purchase of tangible materials, when new, basic 21 century technologies could save IBOs hundreds of dollars? The New-Age is upon us, and people are constantly looking for convenience; the ability to truly work a business from their own home, rather than spending excessive time and a fortune on increasing gas prices to attend power rallies.

The leaders of such a company may call me "negative." I call it "practical." And, if a MLM industry leader, such as Amway/Quixtar, has not fully understood their position in regards to new technology, then I would certainly suspect that alterior motives exist within the "system," (especially the tools aspect) and its leaders.

For the records, Amway/Quixtar is not the only MLM organization that hasn't "improved with the times." But, in my opinion, Amway's IBOs and researchers have more reason to be skeptical of the opportunty and its leaders' true motives than any other MLM program.

I already have my solid opinions about this program, but I just wanted to get both Quixtar promoters and antagonists thinking.

Good night.

P.S. I will be posting this in 2 threads, because it applies to both topics.


Last edited by Ryz@EBookDebate.com : 01-10-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 01-10-2007, 03:38 PM
sojustask's Avatar
sojustask sojustask is offline
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 13,894
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryz@EBookDebate.com
For the records, Amway/Quixtar is not the only MLM organization that hasn't "improved with the times." But, in my opinion, Amway's IBOs and researchers have more reason to be skeptical of the opportunty and its leaders' true motives than any other MLM program.

I already have my solid opinions about this program, but I just wanted to get both Quixtar promoters and antagonists thinking.

Good night.

P.S. I will be posting this in 2 threads, because it applies to both topics.
Apparently it's been quite a long time since you actually looked at Amway. And for the record, I think you are only wanting to sell your own website.

Most of what you said is bunk. After several months I have yet to hear stressed one must get the books, CDs or attend seminars and certainly none of it has been stressed above getting off ones butt and showing the products or business.

You, and not just you but many ill informed people just like you, spout your opinions on a very old marketing strategy that buddy, at the time did work for a lot of people. However, things have changed except one thing. People. People who join these programs but don't buy their own products or fear rejection and don't talk to other's about the business or their products. And people who want to actually talk to a human being and not get spammed into a program or listen to a cheesy pitch or conference call.

And all the high tech recruiting systems you want to promote will not change human nature.

Lady Mod
__________________
.
When an honest man/woman who is mistaken learns the truth, at that exact moment, he/she ceases to be mistaken or he/she ceases to be honest.

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 01-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Skeptic Al Skeptic Al is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 352
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

sojustask,

Out of frustration I did in post #3 fire one at you. It was a reference to a show that started in the 70's by the left wing liberal media called Saturday Night Live. There was a News Update skit with Jane Curtin and Dan Akroyd, where Akroyd would start his rebuttal with "Jane, you ignorant ....". Maybe it was over the top. I was pretty sure you wouldn't get it.

Anyway, there was a post somewhere on this site that describes this as like "being in a 10 hour argument with the town drunk". That's the point I have reached. This site has run it's course for me. I came here looking for information and actually learned quite a lot. I know which side of the pro or anti MLM side I am on. And by the way I never thought this was an anti MLM site as you stated earlier.

I unfortunately feel this site will keep going through the same cycle, questions asked and not answered, links to people's "opportunities", insults hurled at people who question the "industry".

A word of advice, quit responding/non-responding to wserra it really does expose your limitations. And yes "darlin" I hate to break it to you "you aren't the smartest person in the room".

Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 01-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Ryz@EBookDebate.com Ryz@EBookDebate.com is offline
Counselor
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask
Apparently it's been quite a long time since you actually looked at Amway. And for the record, I think you are only wanting to sell your own website.
Oh, is that it? I'm here to sell my own website? If you had done just basic research, you'd quickly realize that I have no signature, and the website I will represent in the near future isn't even available for posting; it's hardly finished. As far as my experience with Amway/Quixtar goes, I've been researching their progress (or should I say "LACK" of progress) over the past years. How about you? Do you have experience, or just basic opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask
Most of what you said is bunk. After several months I have yet to hear stressed one must get the books, CDs or attend seminars and certainly none of it has been stressed above getting off ones butt and showing the products or business.

You, and not just you but many ill informed people just like you, spout your opinions on a very old marketing strategy that buddy, at the time did work for a lot of people.
Ah, but what percentage of people? Go ahead and take a stab at that one, and feel free to explain your argument in greater detail.

You claim I am "ill-informed?" Come now, I think it's quite obvious I didn't just start digging into Amway/Quixtar reports a few nights ago and develop some immature, biased rage. Since you are of the opinion that I am a mere neophyte compared to your Amway/Quixtar experience and research, before you further exalt yourself, tell me, have you ever listened to Rich DeVos' "Directional Speaking Tapes" Volume I or II? How about testimonials from the 80s and 90s King-pins?

The problem with the "system" that I previously explained is a fact; NOT an opinion.

I suppose you could just call me "ill-informed" again, for no logical reason. I mean, why bother thinking for yourself in this age when you have industry leaders to do it for you?

Take care, Mod.


Last edited by Ryz@EBookDebate.com : 01-10-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 01-10-2007, 10:02 PM
sojustask's Avatar
sojustask sojustask is offline
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 13,894
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptic Al
sojustask,

Out of frustration I did in post #3 fire one at you. It was a reference to a show that started in the 70's by the left wing liberal media called Saturday Night Live. There was a News Update skit with Jane Curtin and Dan Akroyd, where Akroyd would start his rebuttal with "Jane, you ignorant ....". Maybe it was over the top. I was pretty sure you wouldn't get it.
Despite not wasting my time watching television I did pretty much "get it". What I didn't get was why? My entire response was to the thread creator, who hasn't bothered to show back up after creating this thread and telling one lame joke on the other Quixtar thread (making me wonder if she is just a shill against MLM or really that stupid), and it had to do with supporting her fiance'. My intent was never to discuss either Quixtar or Amway. She could have made the story up about any MLM and I would have said the same thing.

Quote:
Anyway, there was a post somewhere on this site that describes this as like "being in a 10 hour argument with the town drunk". That's the point I have reached. This site has run it's course for me. I came here looking for information and actually learned quite a lot. I know which side of the pro or anti MLM side I am on. And by the way I never thought this was an anti MLM site as you stated earlier.
I wondered about that too considering your post wondering why an IBO would be allowed to moderate a forum that you inferred was against MLM.

Quote:
I unfortunately feel this site will keep going through the same cycle, questions asked and not answered, links to people's "opportunities", insults hurled at people who question the "industry".
I am only human. We had 4 moderators and now only two including myself. The other moderator never even looks at this forum. I take a quick glance and wouldn't do that if people didn't complain about the rules being broken. I really don't have much time these days and I prefer Politics over this kind of non-productive talk.

Quote:
A word of advice, quit responding/non-responding to wserra it really does expose your limitations. And yes "darlin" I hate to break it to you "you aren't the smartest person in the room".
Advice noted and ignored. I'm not trying or expect to be looked upon as the smartest person in the room. And wserra can answer his own questions if he doesn't know the pertinent laws regarding the MLM industry. Otherwise I would consider that he's not the most intelligent of Attorney's after all as touted by Soapmom.


LOL, a "Respected" attorney should be too busy to play on Scam.com.

I've worked for Attorneys when I was studying to be a paralegal. I don't recall seeing any of them wasting time playing on Internet forums.

Ta, ta!

Lady Mod
__________________
.
When an honest man/woman who is mistaken learns the truth, at that exact moment, he/she ceases to be mistaken or he/she ceases to be honest.

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 01-10-2007, 10:53 PM
jebaroo's Avatar
jebaroo jebaroo is offline
Why are we here?
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,792
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask

I've worked for Attorneys when I was studying to be a paralegal. I don't recall seeing any of them wasting time playing on Internet forums.

Ta, ta!

Lady Mod
I worked for Bankers when I went to night school. I don't recall seeing any of them wasting time playing on Internet forums either!

Wait ....that was before Al Gore invented the internet....oh well

Reply With Quote

  #31  
Old 01-10-2007, 11:16 PM
sojustask's Avatar
sojustask sojustask is offline
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 13,894
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebaroo
I worked for Bankers when I went to night school. I don't recall seeing any of them wasting time playing on Internet forums either!

Wait ....that was before Al Gore invented the internet....oh well

LOL. you aren't trying to say that you are old are you? ;)


Al Gore said, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet..." The opposition took his words and twisted them. Something Bush is good at. But in the proper context in which he said them, he was correct.


Of course for anyone to believe what was reportedly said was a lie, they would have to say they Believe Bush, who is better known for his lies these days than anyone most people know. Does "Weapons of Mass Destruction" ring a bell? LOL

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

http://www.perkel.com/politics/gore/internet.htm


Lady Mod
__________________
.
When an honest man/woman who is mistaken learns the truth, at that exact moment, he/she ceases to be mistaken or he/she ceases to be honest.

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 01-10-2007, 11:32 PM
jebaroo's Avatar
jebaroo jebaroo is offline
Why are we here?
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,792
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask
LOL. you aren't trying to say that you are old are you? ;)


Al Gore said, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet..." The opposition took his words and twisted them. Something Bush is good at. But in the proper context in which he said them, he was correct.


Of course for anyone to believe what was reportedly said was a lie, they would have to say they Believe Bush, who is better known for his lies these days than anyone most people know. Does "Weapons of Mass Destruction" ring a bell? LOL

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

http://www.perkel.com/politics/gore/internet.htm


Lady Mod
guess that depends on what your definition of is is

Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 01-11-2007, 02:25 AM
Thesaint22 Thesaint22 is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by unraveledpoet
Please, please DO NOT JOIN QUIXTAR (affiliated with the giant Amway MLM)


I am just here to warn anyone who is thinking of joining a MLM or pyramid scheme to NOT join Quixtar. My fiance started doing Quixtar.. he spent every second listening to motivational CD's, going to meetings, trying to "get" new people to join the Quixtar "team." He spent ridiculous amounts of money on products from Quixtar (energy drinks, vitamin supplements, etc..) that he would not have purchased had it been at a regular store. (Supposedly you make a profit from the things you buy online from yourself, but the profit is about 8%... so spending $300 on junk you wouldn't normally buy would give you less than $30. not worth it.)

He was spurred on by the promise of a better life- he would be able to stop working, spend more time with family (we have a 1-yr. old daughter), but the more you get into Quixtar, the MORE time you have to spend on it. He was brainwashed- I couldn't even talk to him anymore because he wouldn't listen and I felt like I was just talking to the CD's in his head. He completely changed his views on everything- he became a born-again Christian (which isn't bad in itself, but when you are compelled to do it because of Quixtar and the power of the masses, it's not for the right reason)...

We ultimately broke off the engagement because of Quixtar. It is such a powerful vehicle that has a force of the masses behind it. He put Quixtar before everything else in his life, and it was so hard to even tell him that because he kept saying he was doing it for us. That's what Quixtar made him think. He would come to his upline about personal and other problems instead of coming to me... It was really creepy. He became a different person.

I know this is a long post, but I just don't want anyone else to get hurt like I did. There were many nice, great people that were a part of Quixtar, just like John, but it doesn't matter if you think you are the most SKEPTICAL person... John was, and he got sucked in just the same.

I hope that this helps anyone who was thinking about joining Quixtar. I feel I need to tell my story so I can help others avoid this "business." It is a waste of your valuable time.

Sincerely,
Sarah

Let me get this straight, just because your fiance couldn't make any money in Quixtar, it's a scam? If i gave your fiance a job at my Brokerage firm and he couldn't make any money trading stocks, would that make my business a scam?


I was in Quixtar 6 times and never made a dime, but that doesn't make it a scam. It's a MLM company with a poor compensation plan. That's it, it works it's just real hard to make money. And with that being the case it's not for everyone.

Network marketing was first established in 1941 by a chemist named Carl Rehnborg in an effort to market his nutritional product. This began a grass roots revolution. For the first time in history the average person could become wealthy without a major financial investment.

Until network marketing came along, people were trading time for money. This is LINEAR INCOME (a fixed income tied directly to the amount of time spent at a job).

How many truly wealthy people do you know that developed their wealth through linear income? ---very few, possibly none.

As one of the wealthiest men in the world, J. Paul Getty, once said, "I would rather have 1% of the efforts of 100 people than 100% of my own efforts." Mr. Getty was referring to leveraging your time through RESIDUAL INCOME--- getting paid over and over for something you do one time.

Think about the wealthy people of the world Most have made their money RESIDUALLY. How do wealthy investors, actors, singers, best-selling writers, etc. make their money? -through royalties or RESIDUAL INCOME.

Dr. Charles W. King received his doctorate in Business Administration from Harvard and is currently a professor at the University of Illinois in Chicago where he teaches college courses in network marketing. He states, "The old employment model is breaking up. Only the foolish, complacent, or lazy refuse to see it and seize the opportunities to protect themselves and their families."

Regardless of the legitimacy of network marketing, some of you may be asking the question, "What is the difference between network marketing and a pyramid scheme?"

There are 3 major differences:

1. Pyramid schemes are illegal.
2. In a pyramid, no legitimate product or service exchanges hands. The focus is merely on making money through recruiting, and not through offering a valuable product or service to the public.
3. In a pyramid you cannot bypass, in income or position, the person that brought you in or sponsored you.

Of course none of these are true of a legitimate network marketing company. Network marketing is a wonderful, legitimate opportunity that allows average people the opportunity to build wealth through "sweat equity".

It's time for people to stop complaining and stand up and take responsibility for their financial situation. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it a fraud. If you don't open your mind and learn something you don't already know, your financial situation will never change.

The Saint22 FHTM. Keep the dream alive.

Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 02-10-2007, 04:04 AM
BIGfranky75's Avatar
BIGfranky75 BIGfranky75 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 372
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask
It's a pity she is hurt, but he and she are probably better off without each other. Better she found it out before they got married as apparently after they tied the knot he was going to be castrated and not allowed to be the "man" of the house.

Lady Mod

wow... that is really sad.

i simply cant believe that someone could say that when a child is involved. well, actually, in this day and age, i guess i would be shocked if i heard otherwise.... why think about the helpless 1 year old?

i guess that is why this pathetic society of ours is falling apart.... its just too damned easy to give up then make it work.... just another broken home i guess.... no wonder there are more kids in single parent homes than in 2 parent households... very scary... the direction that this society is going in... there are no family values anymore... the above post proves that without a shadow of a doubt.

the liberals are obviously destroying this country.

Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 02-10-2007, 04:47 AM
sojustask's Avatar
sojustask sojustask is offline
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 13,894
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGfranky75
wow... that is really sad.

i simply cant believe that someone could say that when a child is involved. well, actually, in this day and age, i guess i would be shocked if i heard otherwise.... why think about the helpless 1 year old?

i guess that is why this pathetic society of ours is falling apart.... its just too damned easy to give up then make it work.... just another broken home i guess.... no wonder there are more kids in single parent homes than in 2 parent households... very scary... the direction that this society is going in... there are no family values anymore... the above post proves that without a shadow of a doubt.

the liberals are obviously destroying this country.

Do you HONESTLY think for a single minute that the welfare of the child was really on this woman's mind?

Please. That couldn't be further from the truth. It was the sympathy card.

Lady Mod
__________________
.
When an honest man/woman who is mistaken learns the truth, at that exact moment, he/she ceases to be mistaken or he/she ceases to be honest.

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 06-05-2009, 02:27 PM
wontgetfooledagain's Avatar
wontgetfooledagain wontgetfooledagain is offline
Moses and his Hebrewites think they can outsmart me!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 316
Re: Warning about QUIXTAR/AMWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask View Post
Imagine what he would have been able to do had you actually supported him and not rained on his parade?

Lady Mod
Are you, or were you ever, an Amway/Quixtar distributor?
__________________
"The smart ass beacon of truth"


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do Amway Reps Actually Sell Amway Products? Joecool44 MLM Scams 1 04-26-2012 09:35 PM
Amway 17% growth in 2011! Amway U.S. not so much. BoxAlarm126 MLM Scams 14 04-24-2012 04:29 PM
Amway/Quixtar Petition Against - Please help Sign@ Silverthorn MLM Scams 312 03-06-2012 01:48 PM
Photomax Quixtar Amway MovieMagic Melaleuca and others..... businessmail.gina Work at Home Scams 28 07-31-2009 11:51 PM
Quixtar munkler_1988 Work at Home Scams 38 01-07-2007 08:01 PM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.