report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Hotel Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2006, 08:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Watch Out for TV Travel & The Pro Closers!

As if there weren't enough travel and hotel scams out there, here is a new one to avoid. The company is called The Pro Closers or TV Travel, and they market to those who are interested in starting their own business. They will call you and advertise just how wonderful their business is. You get your own Internet site where people can visit and learn about vacation packages for $999 that include free cruises and over 33 vaction spots. If the package is purchased, you, the business owner, gets $250 in commission. After ten packages are sold, you get a $1000 bonus check. The clincher? You will need to spend thousands of dollars in advertising, (that ProClosers just happens to sell) in order to get anyone to your Internet site. This business is not about selling vacation packages; it is about selling advertising. You will get a "personal" call from the company's "Operation's Manager." This guy is the typical, "I don't even have a college degree, and I am making so-o-o much money," person. This guy will tell you he has tried everything from Herbalife to Meleauluca, and his philosophy is, "...if you don't try it you will never know." He is supposed to be educating you all about the new business that you have purchased, but in essence, he is selling advertising. There is a refund policy that you learn about after you have paid for your business. Of course, when the business is sold to you, you are told you will receive a package in the mail with all the specifics -- if you don't like what you see you can get a full refund. The "package" is an email message with two attachments: a W-9 and an "Automatic Debit Form." There is a monthly fee you must pay in order to maintain your website; this is not disclosed during the sell of the business either. Let me tell you about the obnoxious website: You get to hear the president of the company, Kirk Visecky, say, "Folks, you've got to hear about this...now Folks, let me tell you....Folks..., Folks.........." You get the idea. I told the operations manager the website was obnoxious and this is what he said almost exactly: "Research tells us that the average person only has a five-second attention span, so the 'Folks' reitteration is a way to keep people's attention." He then said, "You see, I know a lot for not having a college education." He also said he wasn't going to pressure me into buying advertising because he was already, "...making so much money!"
Just beware of this scam of a business. I think red flags should wave when you get emails straight from the President of the company asking you not to ruin the company's reputation. I hope this company can be seen for what it is -- another person's attempt to get rich off of others using very unethical and incredibly tacky methods. The Pro Closers and TV Travel are scams of the worst regard!

Last edited by eghall : 10-06-2006 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

Old 10-06-2006, 09:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Watch Out for TV Travel & The Pro Closers!

I was contacted and could tell this was a scam from the start.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Did this company tell you you could make $1000 by the end of one week?

Old 12-14-2006, 01:24 AM
I am new at Scam.com

A saleswoman by the name of Barbra called me today and told me that I could start making money immediately with as little as $99. She then asked me if I was able and/or willing to make that investment. I told her that $99 was not too much money and if I liked what I heard, I would be willing to look into it.

She then transferred me to an audio recording I could barely understand. What I got from the recording was that they sell the product (they never did name it) and you receive a commission of $250 for each sale. Once you reach three sales, you get a free vacation and every tenth sale, you get a $1000 bonus.

Barbra returned to the line after the 5-minute recorded message. She explained that normally their package runs $499 but she would offer it to me today for $99. I told her that I didn't have $99 to give her right this minute. Then she asked when I would have it. I told her I wanted to do some research on this and that if it all checks out I would have the money by payday.

I made the mistake of saying the "R" word. That changed her tone completely. She told me that this conversation was over and that I had said that I had the money right now. As I tried to explain that payday was only 2 days from now, she abruptly hung up on me.

Word to the wise: TV Travel is a SCAM. I didn't even have to go to Google to find that out. Stay away. Stay far away.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:35 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have read some of these silly posts and I have to just laugh. Do you people even know what a SCAM is?

TV Travel, does all the selling, all the presentations, collects all the money, does all the customer Service and sends our customers a CHECK on time whenever we make a sale for them... What about that is a scam? We have a viable product with the Vacation Package and a very professional staff. Before deciding on taking the advice of people posting on here, why not consider the sources....

1. "Dipper": Does not even have $99 bucks to his or her name (why on earth would you take their advice)?
2. Eghall: This person speaks about the advertising that TV Travel sells, this is NOT mandatory, it is merely suggested. You could do your own advertising or take advantage of PROVEN methods through TV Travel that work, that is your choice. It sounds as if there was a personality conflict between this poster and the sales rep... Is this a reason to listen or take advice? Again consider the source! When this person disputed with the BBB, is it any wonder that the BBB sided with TV Travel?
If you are TRULY looking for a way to make another income working from home by simply placing ads then you have to take a serious look at TV Travel! We have changed lives and could do it for you if you allow it...

the facts are this:
Every sale that is made in our office creates a commission for our clients!
Last year we sent out over $500K in commissions to people just like you!

Don't let the few who either QUIT before they tried or never got started at all make the decision for you!

Old 02-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Newbie Member

OK I agree THIS IS NOT A SCAM you could easliy do advertising yourself Put ad's in newspapers or put up flyer's the are a number of way's you can advertise cheaply or even for free... If you want to read about a real SCAM look up traffic designs or 24 hour cash flow or world marketsystem's they are all one in the same and they are a SCAM Pro Closer's does mail out check's and DOES bennifet their client's

Old 04-05-2007, 01:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I was dumb enough to give them a shot. They said they had spoken to 81 people out of 632 that my web page brought.This went on and on and guess what, they never sold a package and I never saw any money!Sure advertise all you want on your own , but they wont sell or send out cash!!! If Chris Christenson calls you, run like heck.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:00 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethisindustry
I have read some of these silly posts and I have to just laugh. Do you people even know what a SCAM is?

TV Travel, does all the selling, all the presentations, collects all the money, does all the customer Service and sends our customers a CHECK on time whenever we make a sale for them... What about that is a scam? We have a viable product with the Vacation Package and a very professional staff. Before deciding on taking the advice of people posting on here, why not consider the sources....

1. "Dipper": Does not even have $99 bucks to his or her name (why on earth would you take their advice)?
2. Eghall: This person speaks about the advertising that TV Travel sells, this is NOT mandatory, it is merely suggested. You could do your own advertising or take advantage of PROVEN methods through TV Travel that work, that is your choice. It sounds as if there was a personality conflict between this poster and the sales rep... Is this a reason to listen or take advice? Again consider the source! When this person disputed with the BBB, is it any wonder that the BBB sided with TV Travel?
If you are TRULY looking for a way to make another income working from home by simply placing ads then you have to take a serious look at TV Travel! We have changed lives and could do it for you if you allow it...

the facts are this:
Every sale that is made in our office creates a commission for our clients!
Last year we sent out over $500K in commissions to people just like you!

Don't let the few who either QUIT before they tried or never got started at all make the decision for you!

THIS DUDE IS OBVIOUSELY PART OF THE SCAM!!!! I GAVE THEM A SHOT.IT DID NOT WORK! EVERY TIME ONE OF THEM CALLED THEY WANTED MORE OF MY MONEY. THEY MAKE SURE THE GUARANTEE REFUND IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET BACK.

Last edited by isaboo : 04-05-2007 at 02:02 AM. Reason: ADD TO IT

Old 04-26-2007, 10:40 PM
menezaceves

this is a big scam 2. I should know I bought the palitum program with all kinds of promises, i would absoluty make money, I bought it in december i was told i would make about a thousand a month? in jan they tried to get me to upgrade but i said if and when i make money i will think of upgrading.

I ended up with only in feb one customer and months in april they fainally said they sent the 50.00 ? i never got it. they sent it to mundez (not mendez) and they sent it to the wrong address ! they ceratinly didn't have a problem sending me papers when i enrolled.

when i told them about the error they told me my neighbor had my check, like i was suppose to hunt the check down. they I aked ifthey were going to resend me a check they said i would have to wait for kurt he was gone but would be back later in the week.

what for they had said the funds had already been withdrew from the account ? the nexk tuesday i looked and i still didnt get a response, nor did i get a check. said forget they are full of it empty promises . and if they try and say i dont know they are full of it. i have the withdrawls to prove it and never received anything from them.

Last edited by mendezaceves : 04-26-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Newbie Member

Here's one more for the horror story with proclosers and tv travel.

They contacted me back in August of 2006 (a telemarketing call). I listened to one recorded tape and then part of another. The salesperson was quick to get back to the call and since the deal seemed reasonable (cough, cough, gag) I went for the simplest package.

I was emailed the forms mentioned in other posts but fortunately they misspelled my name. I replied to the email and told them that I was not interested and to credit my American Express card for any and all charges.

Wendy Diaz sent correspondence to the president that was rather "spicy" and Kurt wrote an email, which I found rather intimidating, saying (and this is a quote from that letter)

I have you on tape authorizing the charge, so what is it that you are claiming to AMEX? The paperwork albeit spelled your name wrong has absolutely no bearing on whether or not you authorized the charge “THE TAPE DOES”. We are not the type of company that plays hardball and will gladly issue a refund. Unfortunately now that you have disputed the charge I no longer have that option. So one of the two things must happen:

You cancel the dispute and I issue a credit
You go through with the dispute, I fight it and WIN. You can then pursue legal entities based on the three days but that will cost way more than the measly $500 bucks.

What would you like to do???

Thank You,

Kurt Vesecky
President

The Professional Closers
Office: 877.240.3902
Fax: 623.321.0676

Not really appreciating this type of letter, I informed Mr. Vesecky of the following:

I have included the following link regarding other State Laws in Arizona http://www.azleg.gov/ArizonaRevisedS...s.asp?Title=44 for your convenience.

The following information can be found at: http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument....44&DocType=ARS

44-1276. Required disclosures; payment for goods; identification of seller or solicitor; cancellation of telephone solicitation sale; notice of right to cancel
A. Before beginning the solicitation or sales presentation over the telephone, the seller or solicitor shall disclose to the consumer:

1. The complete street address of the physical location from which the seller or solicitor is making the telephone solicitation and the complete street address of the seller's principal location.

2. The legal name of the seller on whose behalf the solicitor is making the solicitation.

3. The solicitor's true legal name.

4. That the purpose of the call is to sell merchandise.

B. During any solicitation or sales presentation made by a seller or solicitor and in any written correspondence provided to the consumer as part of the solicitation, the seller or solicitor shall clearly and conspicuously disclose to the consumer:

1. Any charge, including the amount for the use of any premium being offered.

2. Any material restriction, requirement, condition, limitation or exception that is associated with the use of the premium.

3. Any charge connected with the sale of merchandise.

4. The time period within which any premium will be delivered.

5. The consumer's right to cancel the transaction pursuant to subsection C.

C. In addition to any right to otherwise revoke an offer, the consumer may cancel a telephone solicitation sale up to midnight of the third business day after the receipt of the merchandise or premium, whichever is later.

D. No telephone solicitation sale is effective unless the consumer is both:

1. Advised orally and in writing of the legal name, telephone number and complete street address of the physical location of the seller.

2. Advised orally of the right of cancellation along with a written notice containing the following information:

Notice of Cancellation

1. You may cancel this order without any penalty or obligation within three business days from the delivery of the merchandise or premium (gift, bonus, prize or award), whichever is later.

2. If you cancel, any payments made by you will be returned within ten days after the receipt by the seller of your notice of cancellation.

3. To cancel this transaction, mail or deliver a signed and dated copy of your cancellation notice or send a telegram to ____________________ at _______________________________________.

(Name of seller) (Address of seller's place of business)

4. If you cancel, any merchandise or premium delivered to you must be returned at our expense to ________________________ (Name of seller)

at __________________________________________________ ____ (Address of seller's place of business)

no later than twenty-one business days after the receipt of this merchandise or premium, whichever is later.

E. The notice of cancellation given by the consumer is effective if it indicates the intention on the part of the consumer not to be bound by the telephone solicitation sale.

F. A provision of a contract, offer or agreement that waives a consumer's right of cancellation under this section is void and has no effect.

G. For the purposes of this section, business day does not include Sunday or a federal or state holiday.

There may be something in the above that you can use. You can file a complaint against this business with the State of Arizona, Attorney General's Office if your situtation falls into one or more of the items above.

Regarding my American Express card, I still receive a monthly bill from TV Travels that I dispute every month and this month marks the 11th month. Note: TV Travels did not put their phone number on the bill from August - December so there was no way to contact them without digging up old paperwork, which I have now done and will file a complaint with the Attorney General both in the State of Arizona as well as the State of Illinois. In Illinois we also have a three-day rule to void any contract.

If you live in another state then do a search for the Attorney General in your state. If necessary call and find out where on their website the laws are relating to your situtation.

As an alternative, you may notice that they have a 877 toll free number. I am not suggesting that you call this number after business hours and block your number by using *67, but if you do you will eat up a portion of the money you paid, for service(s) you never ordered or received, etc.

This company is one of the most unethical I've come across in my life that ignores standard business practices all businesses should abide by.

If you are interested in entering a class action suit against this company then please post a message on this board.

Last edited by AEDoesNothing : 07-10-2007 at 04:49 PM.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Newbie Member

To better inform the public-at-large, this post has also been placed on http://www.citizensforcommunityaction.org/soop_raven/

Old 07-25-2007, 09:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

ok
thank you for sharing this information

Old 11-20-2007, 01:53 AM
I am new at Scam.com

What a scam, I worked their for maybe 2 months, and what went on there was si dishonest, the way they train you to take advantage of people, even people on social securty who don't have enough to pay their bills, and than pay $49.95 per month,for their service they say & for hoisting fees. Be careful unless you need or what a tax write off. Kirt V was Don Lapre's right hand man, do you know how many people Lapre riped off 100000s and now Kirt V is running a close second.
BE CAREFUL

Old 06-23-2008, 03:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

tvtravel?

Does anyone know anything about tvtravel? Have they done business under another name?

Thanks,
H

Old 06-27-2008, 05:36 PM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Re: tvtravel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heller View Post
Does anyone know anything about tvtravel? Have they done business under another name?

Thanks,
H
Never heard of em.

Sounds like a cross between ITV & YTB.

Just what the world needs another marginal travel op.

Welcome to scam.com

Kerry Hein
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 07-12-2008, 08:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

TVTravel is the biggest scam also called The Pro Closers!
Total misleading!!
The 100% guarantee beware, once they have your money there is no way you get any money back! Read the small print.
Turns out the only Travel packages being sold is when you buy into the company, then they have proof that they are selling Travel, it's a multi-level business where you make money off the people who buy into the business, and they can't even do that right. If you want to try the business don't buy their leads.
They are real slick and I've lost over $10,000 by the time they kept convincing me that I could only make the big money in the diamond package, and pay off all my debt. They are as nice as possible when they are selling you something but don't try and get answers when you aren't making the big money, the managers will never return your call. (yea you can always have a rude conversation with Doug the customer support person that tells you that all we have to do is sit back and watch them do the work while we make the money) I suggest anyone who has gotten ripped off from them please contact the Attorney Generals office in Phoenix, AZ and put your complaints in. The more complaints then we as consumers can shut down these companies.
I will be complaining to other organizations until I get enough people to get a class action suit against them or a refund.
Let's go get them!!

Ripped off Mom

p.s. single mom that is using most of my Soc. Sec. money to pay the debt from these jerks.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:30 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippedoffmom View Post
TVTravel is the biggest scam also called The Pro Closers!
Total misleading!!
The 100% guarantee beware, once they have your money there is no way you get any money back! Read the small print.
Turns out the only Travel packages being sold is when you buy into the company, then they have proof that they are selling Travel, it's a multi-level business where you make money off the people who buy into the business, and they can't even do that right. If you want to try the business don't buy their leads.
They are real slick and I've lost over $10,000 by the time they kept convincing me that I could only make the big money in the diamond package, and pay off all my debt. They are as nice as possible when they are selling you something but don't try and get answers when you aren't making the big money, the managers will never return your call. (yea you can always have a rude conversation with Doug the customer support person that tells you that all we have to do is sit back and watch them do the work while we make the money) I suggest anyone who has gotten ripped off from them please contact the Attorney Generals office in Phoenix, AZ and put your complaints in. The more complaints then we as consumers can shut down these companies.
I will be complaining to other organizations until I get enough people to get a class action suit against them or a refund.
Let's go get them!!

Ripped off Mom

p.s. single mom that is using most of my Soc. Sec. money to pay the debt from these jerks.
Sorry to see you got burnt by another scumbag deal.

Thanks for posting, welcome to scam.com

Please keep us plugged in to your progress.

Kerry Hein
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

i fell for it. what a scam. they don't ever call your people on the advertisement they try to sell you.