report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 03:29 AM
Florida Cracker

School Meetings For Only Black Students

http://www.news4jax.com/news4georgia...28/detail.html

School Meetings For Only Black Students

Parents Upset School District Segregated 40 Percent Of School

POSTED: Thursday, September 23, 2010

WARE COUNTY, Ga. -- It didn't take long for Penny Taylor, a parent of a student at Ware County High School, to say why she's angry with the school."My daughter came home yesterday and told me they were having a meeting for the black kids," Taylor said.The school district said it held a series of meetings for only their black students to encourage them to do better in school.A spokesman said the principal became concerned over low test scores and wanted to invite black speakers to address them.The move isn't sitting well with a lot of people. "I didn't believe it at first," student Kory Hood said.Princess Golden, a student who said she was required to be in the meeting, said she was shocked, too."It kind of upset me because I'm thinking, 'Are black people going to be lower than the white kids?'" Golden said.The school district did not provide data showing the disparities it said it sees with black students versus the entire student population. However, the data is available online on the Georgia Department of Education's website.According to the data, the latest numbers show that 12 percent of black students at Ware County High School failed the math portion of the Georgia High School Graduation test, and 16 percent failed the language arts portion. That compares to 2 percent of white students who failed the math portion and 4 percent who failed the language arts portion.With a population of about 1,200 students, 40 percent are black at Ware County High School, and all of the black students had to go to the meeting.The district said it meant well, but some parents argued that all students should have been required to go."I don't want to see people get separated, but I think everybody should be encouraged in whatever way it takes," parent Patrick Holcomb said."If we're going to have a meeting, why can't you have that with everybody?" Taylor said. "We have been segregated enough."

Old 10-04-2010, 03:24 PM
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.

Re: School Meetings For Only Black Students

It , probably, wouldn't have mattered whether or not the entire student body was present or not. Had they been and the speakers focused on the black students then they would have been angry about singling out the black students.
It's a lose/lose situation for the school.

I wonder what will happen when the under-achievers hit the workforce and are called up for their short-comings?

Old 10-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
It , probably, wouldn't have mattered whether or not the entire student body was present or not. Had they been and the speakers focused on the black students then they would have been angry about singling out the black students.

I wonder what will happen when the under-achievers hit the workforce and are called up for their short-comings?

They will scream "racist!".

Make Your Heart As Big as Your Dreams
Is your future secured?
Do you have all the money you need?
Do you have a plan to achieve your financial goals?
Would you like to see one?
thinkdreamcreate@gmail.com
Think big. Dream big. Create a better world.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post

They will scream "raaaacist!" and hire a lawyer.

What else?

Make Your Heart As Big as Your Dreams
Is your future secured?
Do you have all the money you need?
Do you have a plan to achieve your financial goals?
Would you like to see one?
thinkdreamcreate@gmail.com
Think big. Dream big. Create a better world.