report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Used Car Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: car scammers

Exactly the same here the email came from (sgt robert k baker jr), so they were hitting all the bases. out of the country, in the military, the only thin that was different was they were using ebay motors insurance, protection for the buyers and sellers.
I emailed him from a different account and he sent back all the info on a completely different truck. both of the emails came from kyle-bakerjr@hotmail.com

Old 02-15-2010, 08:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Beware dianne.roy33@gmail.com

I contacted a seller through cars.com regarding a really cheap Land Rover. She emailed me back (same sob story about the divorce) and when I asked to test drive and have my mechanic take a look, I got the story about the shipping container.

BEWARE!

Old 02-15-2010, 11:45 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Ansen Philip

He is using the name kelly gilliam and he sent me a cheque for 2,000 pound and told me to do the same as you guys.

he wanted me to send money though weston union to his shipper mr paul green and the address was 24 Grosvenor Square London, W1A 2LQ witch is the U.S Embassy!

i asked him about this and he said he would give me the main shipping angent address but there was no number i found another mail he sent to a lady on the wedding dress site, i asked him about that too and he told me he was going to buy a wedding dress for his cousin but her husband had already got her one.

the bank is dealing with the cheque that he gave me. the 1st email i got was this one

Name: Ansen
Reply To Prospective Buyer Email: kelly_g2006@yahoo.com
Comments: Hi,
Am so much interested in your bike you have for sale..Kindly write me back with the present condition and price...You can call me on +447023018759....and e-mail here kelly_g2006@yahoo.com

and the last email i got today witch said:

for what? why will they sent the cheque to the fraud team, what seems to be the problem. they not contact the bank, how come did they know the chque was fraud? get back my cheque

hope that catch them not nice stuff

Old 02-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Beware dianne.roy33@gmail.com

Did she add the fact that she didn't have a driver's license as well?? My boyfriend just got scammed by a very similar sounding deal!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: Beware dianne.roy33@gmail.com

Thanks for posting up a scammer's email address for other potential suspicious victims to find.

The 'I am out of the country on charity work/military duty/going through a divorce and will sell my already crated up vehicle to you super cheap' is a scammer. There are hundreds of variations but they all start with a scammer's email, progress onto payment my Western Union/moneygram and end with the victim losing thousands.

Google is your friend, checking out a potential buyer or seller is incredibly important these days. Name, email address, lines from the email, phone number and any companies mentioned, your might find someone else's post about being scammed, thus saving yourself.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 03-21-2010, 11:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Ansen Philip

i just had the same scam but mine was regarding my horse he was going to purchase off me for his wife, she told me she was located in london but did not want to travel to gwent so would just send the money, to dodgy for me!! his email address was ansen2003@yahoo.co.uk tel: 07024055864 took a hell of alot of credit considering only in london? my horse was advertised on the horse exchange, be aware

Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Barry Johnson (autodee06@gmail.com)

Quote:
Hello

i'm interested in buying it, can u get back to me if it's available for sell.

regards
barry
Yeap, it's for sale.

Quote:
Hello,
Thanks for your prompt response.

I'm completely ready to purchase it asap .I am offering an extra $200 to your asking price. I anticipate that I'll have a Bank Check issued out to you. Iím in no rush with you till funds are cleared in your bank. Iíll instruct my mover to come for pick up when payment has been cleared. Kindly e-mail me back with your Name, Address, City, State, Code and PAhone Number for the Bank Cheque.The Check should get to you within 2-3 business days via USPS express service.
Please remove the Ad if you are interested in selling it to me to avoid interruption by others.
Expecting your response with details requested.
Thanks.
That's great Barry!

My name is Terd Ferguson, address is 2455 Elevendy Rd, Barton, IL.

Looking forward to receiving the check!

Quote:
Whats your zip code?
Oh, sorry about that.

It's 61607.

Quote:
Hello,
The Certified Check has been mailed.
My payment will get to you via USPS postal service within 2 to 4 business days.The fund's will cover your payment and also shipment.I'm in no rush with you till funds has been cleared in your bank. You are required to deduct your fund then refund balance to the mover for him to be able to offset shipping and other tax charges. The mover's agent will come for pick up & signing of document when payment is cleared in your bank.
Please write me back if this helps! Delete advert today.
Thanks

(no response from me)

Quote:
Hello Terd Ferguson
I'm sorry for the late response.
My bank has just informed me via e-mail that the Certified Check has been prepared and post via USPS postal service to your home address. I will e-mail you the Tracking Number later today.I was informed the payment should get to you within 2 to 4 business days.Please e-mail me back when check has been received and deposited.
I'm in no rush with you till fund's are cleared in your bank. I will like to inform you again that the additional funds is for the mover. I'll instruct my mover to come for pick up when payment has been cleared. You can reach me via 210 775 2068.
I will await your response asap.
Thanks.
I still haven't responded, and that's not my address, it's not even a real town.

My question is, this 'mover' of his, does this person actually exist, and if so, is it possible to get the police involved and have him arrested?

Or is the mover an actual car shipper? And if that's the case, are they required to divulge the name/address/etc of the scammer?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:39 AM

Re: Barry Johnson (autodee06@gmail.com)

Quote:
My question is, this 'mover' of his, does this person actually exist,
No, there is not any 'mover', just the one scammer using another of his free email addresses and fake names to pretend to be the 'mover'.
Quote:
and if so, is it possible to get the police involved and have him arrested?
As all you have is a fake name, free email address, paid-for-with-cash disposable cell phone number and the scammer is located on another continent, so, no, your local law enforcement agency is not going to be able to find or arrest anyone overseas.
Quote:
Or is the mover an actual car shipper?
No, there is not any real car shipper involved here, just the one scammer trying to steal your money.
Quote:
And if that's the case, are they required to divulge the name/address/etc of the scammer?
Again, there is not any mover or car shipper here, just the scammer sending you a fake check to cash. Then you are suppose to send your hard-earned money to the scammer posing as the shipper who picks it up anonymously from Western Union or moneygram. Then the scammer ignores and blocks your emails and disappears forever. Lastly you get the real life job of paying back the bank for the bounced check fees and all the money you wired overseas to a criminal.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.
Quote:
I still haven't responded, and that's not my address, it's not even a real town.
Doing something like that, wasting a scammer's time legally and safely, is called 'scambaiting'. There are several websites devoted to his hobby.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Oh I'm well aware that it's a scam, I just wasn't sure if they were actually trying to pick these cars up, I wish they would, would make my weekend a little more entertaining.

I plan on wasting as much of this dolts time as possible.

As a matter of fact, I just remembered that the car is in my dads name, Terd Ferguson Sr.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I just wasn't sure if they were actually trying to pick these cars up, I wish they would
If you were selling electronics, high end clothing or J E Welry, then, yes the scammer would really want you to ship it to him, at your expense after cashing the fake check, of course.
Quote:
I plan on wasting as much of this dolts time as possible.
Have fun. If you check out the scambaiting sites, you will find all kinds of stories where scambaiters did just that, wasted a scammer's time and sometimes even made the scammer spend money.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Car Shipping Scammer admits he is a scammer

*** I knew this guy was a scammer as soon as I saw the post but thought I would drag him on and waste some of his time since that is about all anyone can do. This is pretty interesting because he says he can make 3 to 10k a day with this scam. Thats crazy but the guy was actually pretty nice in email when I cornered him that I found his email address in google.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: September 27, 2010 10:56:19 AM CDT
To: Lance Kitchen
Subject: Re: VW Jetta SE - $2875

thanks, best of luck to you too.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Lance Kitchen wrote:
Jeez no wonder there are so many trying to do it.

Yah. I live in texas. Wouldn't last too long.

Best of luck.

On Sep 27, 2010, at 10:49 AM, James Connolly wrote:

3-10k/day...there are good days and bad ones. Don't do it if you're in US. To much ***** to your "agencies"

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Lance Kitchen wrote:
Nice. Just curious... but how much are you able to make?

I was thinking about cranking up one of these. Not really rocket science right...

Happy hunting!

On Sep 27, 2010, at 10:38 AM, James Connolly wrote:

Shittt...It has been some time since the last change. I will do that today. Thanks ;)

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Lance Kitchen wrote:
Haaa. I didn't even google your email before. Try it. It's about time to change addresses isn't it?

On Sep 27, 2010, at 10:23 AM, James Connolly wrote:

Hi again,

Visit my webpage for more photos with the car: http://jettase.shutterfly.com/pictures/94
Right now I'm in a military base, we are getting ready for Afghanistan. I cannot leave the base for now. The car is already at the shipping company warehouse ready to be shipped. It's enlisted in the eBay VPP program so this deal must go through them. In accordance with eBay Vehicle Purchase Program terms, you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide whether you want to keep it or not. The car will be shipped free of charge (assured by the army) along with all documents, clean and clear title with my signature on it, owner's manual and keys. Here is how it will work:

1. I will inform eBay that I have a buyer and ask them to start a new transaction with you.
2. They will ask you for the shipping details. After they process your information, they will send you an invoice with all the details on how to make a refundable payment.
3. After the refundable payment is made, eBay will contact me to authorize the shipping. The shipping will last maximum 4 days. From the moment you receive it, you will have 5 days to test and verify the car. All this time, your payment will stay with eBay in a non-interest account. If you decide to buy it, I will receive the payment from eBay. Otherwise, the car will be shipped back free of charge on your side and you will be fully refunded. If you wish to start the transaction, please reply so we can proceed.
I'll wait your response.

Thanks.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Lance Kitchen wrote:
What is your city and address?

On Sep 24, 2010, at 5:14 PM, James Connolly wrote:

Hi,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my 2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE.
It is ready to go. This car is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, no mechanical or cosmetic issues. The engine is a 2.5LTR gasoline, with automatic transmission and has only 26,987miles on it!!The interior is tan, clean and no smell inside, non-smoker owner. This car was garage kept and never been in accident. Air conditioner working perfectly, CD Player, ***** windows, ***** locks, cruise control, courtesy lights, Cup holders, floor mats, front seats heated, interval wipers, keyless entry, sunroof, alloy rims, ***** steering.

The price for the car is $2,875. If you are interested, get back to me for more details and photos.
Thanks.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:59 AM

Re: Car Shipping Scammer admits he is a scammer

Quote:
I knew this guy was a scammer as soon as I saw the post but thought I would drag him on and waste some of his time since that is about all anyone can do.
Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". You can actually do more than just waste their time, you can cause them to spend their money, take trips to other countries and even spend time in jail. If you google "scambaiting" you will find sites devoted to that hobby with stories of scambaiters that have done just that.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Ali Zaher is a scammer

I received an email from the above mentioned guy who is selling an Range Rover 2008 gulf spec for AED- 50000.
If you typr in the search engine his name one can see the ad he has given or this link http://dubai-bb.com/dubai-advert-181669.html

http://dubai-bb.com/classifieds/2006-range-rover-sport-hse-10-181669.htm

This guy is a crook he want me to send him 10% of the car value that is 50k to him by western union as an security deposit for him so that he can fly from UK to dubai and do the deal as currently he is residing there.
I checked with local police st as i am myself working for the police dept and it came up that the car number plate is of an Nissan Tidda car and not for a range rover.
Please be careful with such guys.
Thanks

Old 10-10-2010, 09:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Scammed Good

I just got scammed out of $2950 for a 2005 Honda Pilot EXL AWD. Tina Parker tina41pkr@msn.com was the one. I have a 6 week old baby and was in need of transportation to get back and forth to school, work and Dr.'s appt. I reported what happened to Moneygram and they told me to report it to my local police dept so they can try and help me get my money back. What else can I do to try to get my money back?

Old 10-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Re: Scammed Good

I am sorry but there is really no chance you will get your money back.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

The local law enforcement will take a report with the fake name, fake address, free email address and paid-for-in-cash cell phone number you have but is probably as far as anything will go. You do not have that scammer's real life name, real life street address or even what country he is really located in.

You could post up the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of lost money, millions in the bank and desperate, loney, sexy singles. He will sell you email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

That scammer and his buddies will also send you dozens of emails pretending to be former victims who miraculously received their money back, maybe they even received thousands from some refund/reimbursement fund run by some official sounding government or charity organization. Any email that claims you can get your money back, you just have to give the scammer enough information to steal your identity and then pay in cash via Western Union, moneygram, bank transfer or paypal is a lying scheming scammer trying to rip you off a second time.

You don't mention but I bet the 'seller' said she was divorcing, single or selling the vehicle due to financial reasons. 'She' sent lots of beautiful, professional quality pictures and told you it was in mint condition, always garaged, never in an accident and 'she' had all the paperwork for every oil change. Maybe the vehicle was crated up in some warehouse somewhere so no one could see it, and it would be shipped for free right to you address. All red flags of a fake seller.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:31 AM

Re: Ali Zaher is a scammer

Glad to hear that you figured out it was a scam before losing money to a scammer.

The local law enforcement will take a report with the fake name, fake address, free email address and paid-for-in-cash cell phone number you have but is probably as far as anything will go. You do not have that scammer's real life name, real life street address or even what country he is really located in.

You could post up the email address and emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of lost money, millions in the bank and desperate, loney, sexy singles. He will sell you email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You don't mention but I bet the 'seller' said he was divorcing, single or selling the vehicle due to financial reasons. 'He' sent lots of beautiful, professional quality pictures and told you it was in mint condition, always garaged, never in an accident and 'he' had all the paperwork for every oil change. Maybe the vehicle was crated up in some warehouse somewhere so no one could see it, and it would be shipped for free right to you address. All red flags of a fake seller.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Yes! All I can do is pray and ask that the Lord helps get me through this. I feel very stupid, but in reality I was very desperate for a vehicle to get me and my daughter around better...silly me.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:27 PM

Don't feel bad, vehicle scammers are, unfortunately, very good at convincing people to send them their hard-earned cash for imaginary, non-existent vehicles.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

There are thousands of fake ads for non-existent vehicles for sale on the internet, newspaper and bulletin boards, but they will all have something in common.

Fake Vehicle seller:
1) Demands you use yahoo/ebay/paypal payment escrow program "for your protection"
2) Accepts Western Union and/or moneygram as payment options
3) Says the vehicle is crated up in some mysterious warehouse and cannot be seen by anyone under any circumstances for any reason
4) Says the vehicle will be shipped for free or low cost
5) Gives unnecessary personal information such as divorcing, single, deployed overseas, desperate for money, has children

Any one is suspicious, any more and you have a scammer pretending to sell a non-existent vehicle.