report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Used Car Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2006, 08:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Agostinelli Christian R (aka Jones Dale) he is a scammer!

If you're dealing with this guy, STOP! Don't email him anymore and don't cash any of his checks. Thanks to this website, I was able to google him and find out he is a scammer.

I just reported him to the the Canadian phonebusters. Here's who you should contact to report things like this.
Who should I notify about fraud?
FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
FTC online complaint form (www.ftc.gov)
Canadian PhoneBusters hotline: 888-495-8501
Internet Fraud Complaint Center (www.ifccfbi.gov/)

Here's what happens: You'll receive a cashiers check for more money than the item you're selling. He'll tell you that excess money needs to be sent back to his "client" via Western Union or Money order. According to phone busters, it takes 90 DAYS to find out the check is a fake. Guess who's going to be responsible for that money? Yep, you! So, don't mess with this guy - just report him.

Here's what one of his emails looks like:
Hello,

My client has finally accepted your price,he hopes the engine is serviced and oil changed too .He can't wait to see the truck parked in his garage.

However,my client made out a certified cashier's check of ($32100) before he travelled to Japan on a business trip,for a previous truck and its shipment charges etc,but it was unfortunately sold.The amount on the check he deposited for the truck is bigger than what should be paid to you now, so the check is now meant for the total expenses which includes the purchase of your truck,the pick up of the truck from its present location and the shipping charges/other necessary shipping arrangements. However he has instructed us to carry on with this transaction. So you're required to deduct the cost of your truck ($23500) and send the balance of ($8600) to my client via western union money transfer to enable him offsett shipping charges/arrangements.

Once the transaction is concluded,my agent will be coming for the pick up of the truck from its present location, on an open vehicle and then drive to a pre-paid shipper for shipment and also conclude other necessary shipping arrangements.So you don't have to bother yourself about the pick up and shipping arrangements,while title papers and other necessary documents will be sent by you via fedex courier to my customer.

Please confirm this and provide name,address and phone number for check payment to be delivered to you via fedex courier .
Thanks and God bless,

Regards,

Jones

Old 08-03-2006, 04:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

mediterraneo-mailing.com

another typical scam. sometimes uses the email address emily_rosse_32@yahoo.com

Domain Name.......... mediterraneo-mailing.com
Creation Date........ 2006-07-04
Registration Date.... 2006-07-04
Expiry Date.......... 2007-07-04
Organisation Name.... LENNY HONG
Organisation Address. P O Box 99800
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. EmeryVille
Organisation Address. 94662
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Admin Name........... PrivateRegContact Admin
Admin Address........ P O Box 99800
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ EmeryVille
Admin Address........ 94662
Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ US
Admin Email.......... contact@myprivateregistration.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ PrivateRegContact TECH
Tech Address......... P O Box 99800
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... EmeryVille
Tech Address......... 94662
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... US
Tech Email........... contact@myprivateregistration.com
Tech Phone........... +1.5105952002
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

Old 04-14-2007, 02:05 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Camper Top Scam

WOW!!! Wished I had come here first and read all of these e-mails...then I would not have fallen for this scam. I had a camper top from my son's truck for sale....real good price...just wanted to get rid of it...I get a phone call from this guy named Castro Bain, leaving an e-mail address...so I e-mail him and he is all nice and everything e-mailing me back, really interested in the camper top and all that good stuff...we settle on a price and he then proceeds to tell me that he will be sending me a money order for the amount of the camper top AND the shipping fees for me to then forward on to his shipper....small red flags went up...but I ignored them and continued on with this guy...well...once I received the money orders I let Castro know and he was all excited...told me to hurry to cash them...and forward money to shipper by western union...well..I deposted them in my checking account...the next day I wrote a check for the cash to send to the shipper...again...red flags, but I continued....went to western union and proceeded to wire money to shipper...who by the way was in Nigeria...red flags again...the very next morning I was checking my account on-line and notice that the money orders were now pending..called the bank and they informed me that the money orders appeared fake and that I may have been caught in a scam...I immediately called western union and stopped the transfer of my money...and during this time I am on-line e-mailing Mr. Bain of what I have found out from my bank and he keeps telling me that there must be some mistake...YEA there is a mistake you scum bag....and he keeps telling me that his shipper has the money already....BUT ALAS...I stopped the transfer before it happended...his shipper got nothing...WHEW!!! I was lucky..I caught this befroe I was screwed, roally....I ended up out $60 for the transfer fee...but hey...beats almost $2400...AND the best part...this scum bag continued to try and tell me that there was a mistake that I shoud finish transaction....YEA...YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAN STICK IT...SO, now my questions is...is there someone you can contact to report crap like this....there has to be laws that can be enforced against people that are doing this to innocent hard working individuals like me and you....if not...then my goal is to see what I can do to get something passed...SO..follow your instincts....if you have red flags popping up...then stop and think about the situation....thanks for listening....

Last edited by nohoperanchhand : 04-14-2007 at 02:07 AM.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

(Newb) Is this a scam?

Below is the attached email he sent me in regards to a ad I saw in cars.com. Thanks in advance. I'm 90% sure it is but he had also left his name and phone number at the bottom. After speaking with him he said that he would meet me in NYC, show me the car and then pick up the money with me (not by myself of course) at the western union where he would sign the title. As for the western union reciept I wasn't planning on sending him an original, I thought of doctoring it and erasing the ID # since I know that's all you need to pickup the $ without an ID. Any opinions are welcome! :confused:
Hello,
First of all, I'm sorry for the delay,
but I just sign a new contract with a company from Toronto Canada, and i wasn't able to
open my email until now, since i just settle down here.
I will be here for the next 2 moths, the car is back home in my garage in New York City, NY.
I had another customer 3 days ago in this area who said he will buy the car if i come back in New York City to show it, so i took a plane ticket, and when i got home he did not respond to my calls or e-mails!
I don't want to buy another plane ticket to come and fall for it once more:)
Maybe you will never come,or you don't have the money!
I have no time to play games! So here is what i suggest:
I am sure you are tired as i am of all those scams out there, so i will not ask you for a down-payment to a third party...etc.
You will use Western Union Money Transfer service:
You must find the nearest Western Union agency and you will go there with a friend or your wife.
Her comes the best part:
Your wife or a friend of yours will be the Sender and the Receiver will be you in New York City.
This way you will have total control of your money since, you are the only one that can pick them up!
I want to be 100 % sure that you will be in New York City because once the money is sent, you have to be in Pennsylvania to pick up the money.
Once you show me the receipt from Western Union in the amount of $2,900, i will fly back home and meet you or arrange to ship the car!
Once again sorry for the delay, if you are still interested and understand my terms, e-mail me back!
I hope this answers all your questions about the car:
This car has been my pride & joy & has ALWAYS been meticulously maintained with the oil changed every 2,000 miles w/Nissan filters.
Everything is very new: All mods have been done within the last 20k miles & everything is in excellent running condition.
The final price is $2,900,00

Chassis is also rust-free.
1997 Nissan 240SX SE w/ JDM SR20DET S15 Silvia Swap
Miles:146555
Transmission:Manual
Engine:4 CYLINDER 2.4 LITER
Fuel Type:Gasoline
Standard Equipment:
POWER WINDOWS POWER DOOR LOCKS POWER STEERING AIR CONDITIONING
REAR SPOILER AM/FM RADIO SE 2 WHEEL DRIVE
DUAL AIR BAGS OPTIONS:SUNROOF

[Performance]
JDM SR20DET S15 Silvia Motor Swap
w/5 Speed S15 Transmission
stronger than the optional 6 speed trans
S15 Rear Diff, Driveshaft, & Axles
Rocker Arm Stoppers
Full 3" Custom Turboback Exhaust
Stainless Catless Downpipe
Stainless Steel 3" Piping
Titanium Tipped Muffler
Z32 300ZX Twin Turbo Brake Calipers (Front)
28mm - 4 Piston Calipers
Brembo X Drilled Rotors (Front)
A'PEXi S-AFC2
Fluidyne Radiator
A'PEXi Auto Turbo Timer
[Suspension]
TEIN S.TECH SPRING KIT
1.3 Inch Drop (FR) & .9 Inch Drop (RR)
Tokico HP Gas Shocks
Cusco Front Strut Bar
Greddy 52mm Electronic Gauges
Weapon R Blue Racing Harnesses
'99 S15 Shift Knob
Silver Dash Kit
Genuine Nissan Emblem on Dash
[Audio]
Kenwood KDC-MP82 (SIRIUS Ready)
Kenwood Excelon KDC-CX87
10-disc CD changer
Orion XTR 12" Subwoofer
Custom Box
Power Acoustik LT980-2
2 Channel 540 Watt Car Amplifier
[Other]
Clifford Alarm System
w/Keyless Entry & Shock Sensor
NISMO Oil Cap
NISMO Ground Wire Kit
Nismo Ignition Key
Red Line gear oil
Nissan Filters Only
You also have some photo's attached

Old 07-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: (Newb) Is this a scam?

yes, this is a scam. it doesn't matter what else they say, as soon as they say, western union or moneygram, it is a scam. western union can be picked up anywhere, including Romania, Estonia, Nigeria. this guy is not selling a car but he probably has already been paid for several cars. it doesn't matter what name is on the western union, he will get it in a few seconds anyway.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

my advice: use craigslist.com
deal locally. test drive the car and see the title before you go to the bank.
my car: asking price was $2500. guy said, he got it at auction, really he only needed to get $1500 for it. i said i didn't really like the car and only had $1000 to spend. he said sorry, he had to get $1250 for sure. he said i maybe could borrow from my family and i said i would ask family after payday, more than a week away. he took the $1000. i really had $2000 to spend. so that left me giggling with $1000 for tax, title and gasoline. he was giggling too so i guess he bought it at the auction day before for $500. there is no shortage of used cars for sale. get the deal you want or walk away.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:48 PM
i love scam.com

whole shipping thing is scams, and "sorry for the delay" this part is lik common sentence for every scammers

7 offers to get an Ipod Touch

2 x $500 Visa GC
1 x Iphone
1 x Mac Book

Old 12-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Newbie Member

If a seller doesn't accept any other payment options than western union/moneygram that a pretty good and accurate indication of a scam. In such a case you should look at popular payment methods, which you can advise your business partner to use for the transaction. For large transactions probably a L/C is the best option, or if you can meet your seller eye to eye and travel to his location.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Silver Member

The whole thing with "sending the money to yourself" could be an attempt for identity theft. As you would imagine the next thing would be for you to provide a copy of your passport or who knows what for the person to pretend to be you to receive the money.

RED ALERT! It's a scam.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Ansen Philip

been trying to sell my car had an email from ansen philip who wanted to buy it for his son and he kept in contact for 3 days saying he would send more then the car was worth i was to send the remaining funds to a shipping company called WESTERN UNION and he would give me an extra £70 for the trouble,people were saying be careful sounds dodgy so i contacted him by phone and was still saying it was ok didnt want to be involved in stolen cars or anything dodgy himself,
anyway after i spoke to him i thought it sounded dodgy myself so i typed in his name (ANSEN PHILIP)on google and his name come up on a list of well known scammers
just a few things to look out for in scammers emails
1. friend owes him £4500 and he will send you a check
2.if the shipping company is WESTERN UNION
3.he is buying it for son/dad/mother etc
4.it is a gift for someone
other names this person might go by is :cyril philip,cyril sanwo,donald ann
another scammer name who i had an email from was a woman called weny
they nearly had me i feel so stupid
but i suppose it could have been worse they could of had my car
PLEASE PLEASE BECAREFUL

Old 05-16-2008, 08:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Selling Mini Cooper MoneyBooker Scam

Found a listing for a 2003 Mini Cooper on a local city website- Syracuse.com
Contacted buyer who stated that she had moved from US to Scotland and turned the car over to acompany to quicksell for her. She asked for my name and e-mail and said that Moneybooker would contact me with info, the VIN # and how to arrange payment/delivery.
The site contacted me- looked real-even had LIVE Customer Service Reps. When I asked if they had possession of the car and if it was titled they responded yes. When asked for the address for an on-site inspection- we immediately got disconnected and when I went back to check the car listing it was gone!
Be careful!! The website looks like the real thing and the on-line Service Rep-seems legit. The sellers name was Elizabeth Calfee elizabeth.calfee@hotmail.com
Here is an e-mail from her too:
Thank you for geting back to me in such short notice with the required informations.
I want to bring to your atention that any transaction I close is recorded by Moneybookers, they will insure this transaction and we are protected by Moneybookers.They already know about this transaction between us, and they must contact you with all the necessary informations you might need about our deal as soon as i will forward them your data's.Due to the strict policies of webmaster SPAM filters, you may not receive the Invoice from Moneybookers in your Inbox.Please check your 'SPAM' box too from your email address in order to complete the transaction.

Let me know after you will receive the Invoice from Moneybookers.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:30 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Selling Mini Cooper MoneyBooker Scam

Thank you for posting your experience. I too was about to get scammed by this exact same person. When I started searching the VIN number and noticed some discrepencies, I started searching online and found this posting. THANK YOU!! We were almost convinced by this person too!!

Old 07-16-2008, 08:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Cheung Yong Scammer

Just wanted to tell anyone the name of a guy who tried to scam me through a car sales website. His name is Cheung Yong and his email is cheungyoum@yahoo.com. He is a scum bag. Cheers. Justin

Old 05-12-2009, 03:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Ansen Philip

Mr. Ansen has resurfaced. He claims to be in Cardiff, Wales though he is using a french mobile phone active in the U K 7023068767 (put a 0 before it if dialing within U K) He's interested in a $17,500 film camera advertising on Mandy's Int. !! He's even using the original pattern - e mail is now:
justansen2003@yahoo.com (it used to be justansen0023@yahoo.com or justansen2003@hotmail.com or justdonald@yahoo.fr

Thanks for the original posts or I might not have been forewarned.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Ansen Philip

I have just had a very close call with this internet scamer. I was selling a wedding dress on the internet and he offered to buy it. When the cheque finally arrived it was for £3500 more than my asking price. I told him and he told me to deduct the cost of the shipping and then send him a cheque to refund the remaining balance. I was very close to paying it in but something didn't feel right. Especially when I found out that it was a man buying a Wedding dress and had made no mention of when they were getting married or anything personal. Luckily I Googled the name just in time and found this website all about him and similar scams. He sent me numerous e-mails which were very similar to one's other people had been sent. I guess his plan was for me pay the cheque in and then send him a cheque for the overpayment of £3500. According to this site the cheque would bounce and I would have given this person £3500 of my own money. I am surprised about this though and not sure how they are getting around it. I did go into the bank to see if it appeared to be a genuine cheque and they confirmed it was. I was obviously going to wait until it cleared before sending my dress or any money but according to this website even the banks can't tell it's fake until it's too late. I have been very lucky. I want to warn more of you out there so you can also avoid been scammed in this way. Other useful pieces of information:
- he was going to use a shipping company called Galaxy Shipping in the United Arab Emirates
- he wanted me to transfer the money using western union
- he says he's French but speaks with an African accent
- says he was working in South Africa and wanted the goods shipped there

Below is a sample of the e-mails he has sent and his e-mail addresses.

'Thanks for your mail and updating. i have contacted my associate to know why the payment hasn't delivred. he was on holiday, and he has assured me the cheque will delivred to you nextweek wednesday. pls bear with me. and keep checking your mail box to confirm it...
Just want you to know am indeed interested. am ready to compensate you with 50 pounds for consider it sold and take it off the website...'

'Thanks for your mail,The price is fairly okay by me,I will like to know if payment by Cheque will be ok for the payment,if ok,You are to mail me back with the information below so that payment can be issued and send to you immediately...

Full Name:
Contact address:
Mobile and Landline Phone Number:

Mind you the pickup will be done by my shipper that will be after you must have cashed the Cheque,I hope the above explanation is fully understood by you??'

E-mails he uses: justansenphilip@yahoo.fr
ansen2003@yahoo.fr

Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

car scammers

ppl beware of roland or roland dash his e-mail is rolanddash63@googlemail.com any car he wants to sell u or if u want to buy a car u dont buy it from him he is a scammer i was going to bring a car from him of 3000 pound or 4900 us dollar but my friend bought from him a car and he scammed him so beware ppl

Old 08-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: car scammers

Sorry to hear your friend was scammed. Let me guess a few things about the transaction:

1) The seller was out of the country.
2) Would ship the car for free.
3) Was selling it for less than the Blue Book value.
4) Had professional pictures.
5) Wanted the money sent via Western Union or moneygram.
6) Or introduced you to an escrow service that would 'hold' the money.
7) Or sent a 'receipt' from palpay or a bank showing that the money was being 'held' somewhere.
8) Had an international phone number, maybe started with '70'.
9) Had unusual/strange grammer and spelling.
10) Car was boxed up and could not be viewed in person.

If any one of those shows up in a transaction, run away.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: car scammers

if a deal is too good to be true, it usually is.