report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Don't Watch These Movies
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Stick to thread topics please & don't scam.

The Avengers Was Boring

Ok that's half true. The first 45 minutes almost put me to sleep. They need to edit these movies better. The boriness was almost on the same timeline as the Green Lantern movie. They took WAAAAAAAY too long setting it up. My godson only wanted to see HULK but passed out wating for him to show up.

I know it was the number one movie over the weekend grossing over $200 million, but the first half was terrible.

I must admit the whole theater laughed out loud ALOT and the second half made up for the beginning because that was MORE THAN AWESOME.

I hope the sequel they get to the action sooner.

Here's the Avengers Trailer:

Bookmark and Share

Last edited by Health Articles : 05-15-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Silver Member

Re: The Avengers Was Boring

I'm curious to know if a) you read my long review that I posted here, and b) whether or not you agree with the points that I raise in that review?

Personally, the Hulk - who was only in about 1/12th of the movie, was HALF the movie. Which means that the other 5/6ths was boring!

I think I got the math right, there. Don't quote me on it though.

YOPJ

Old 11-30-2012, 07:21 AM

Re: The Avengers Movie Was Boring

Y'all are crazy....

The whole movie was awesome!

My kids, almost 13, 11, and 5 ALL thought it was outstanding the whole way through.

The Hulk got a cheer and a standing ovation when he whopped up on Loki, too.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:43 AM
Newbie Member

really these kind of movies are boring and i don't like to watch.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Bronze Member

This movie would be the most awesome thing in the world... If I was 12 and excited about comic books again.

To be fair, it had some good dialogue, but it took too long to build up and felt oddly paced. The ending action sequences sort of make up for it, but not by a lot.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Newbie Member

The thing about the Avengers is it is not an action movie, it is a superhero movie. People who enjoy superheroes will enjoy the movie. It's not about the action, it's about the formation of a group and how they all work together. In the future, if you want to see an action movie, go see one. Superhore movie do not equate action movies.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Silver Member

Of course there was a long build up to the major action. This was an origin movie, and they needed to give each character enough screen time to build believable relationships with the others.

What origins movie doesn't have a long build up?

Old 01-07-2014, 03:46 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Ok that's half true. The first 45 minutes almost put me to sleep. They need to edit these movies better. The boriness was almost on the same timeline as the Green Lantern movie. They took WAAAAAAAY too long setting it up. My godson only wanted to see HULK but passed out wating for him to show up.

I know it was the number one movie over the weekend grossing over $200 million, but the first half was terrible.

I must admit the whole theater laughed out loud ALOT and the second half made up for the beginning because that was MORE THAN AWESOME.

I hope the sequel they get to the action sooner.

Here's the Avengers Trailer:

I know where you are coming from bro. I almost fell asleep for 3/4 of the movie. The ending was legit as hell though and I loved when Hulk took on Loki.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:12 AM
Silver Member

Watched this on a 3D and it was not worth it! The story is so different from what I have read in the comics and then there's not enough actions. I wish that they make fights longer like 15 - 45 minutes with different tactics.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Stick to thread topics please & don't scam.

They have a template for these movies.

2 mins of action in the beginning.
45 minutes of crap.
A little more action.
Then the last half hr is awesome.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Silver Member

Of course it was different than the comics. That is the point. It is a new "story" with these characters, though they did use the comics for source material to put the story together. If they just used the comics not as many people would have come out to see the movies.

The movies were designed to entertain both those who have read the comics and those who haven't. The same as with the Spider-Man movies, the Batman movies, etc...

Old 04-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Newbie Member

I personally really enjoyed watching The Avengers. It might even be my favorite Marvel movie, although Iron Man still might have it beat in my books. Yeah the beginning half of the movie was a bit boring, but it is the first movie in which all of the characters come together. Would you rather have just seen them thrown together in a couple of minutes and then tossed out to go save the world? Also, there are more Avengers movie coming out in the future. Another reason why there had to be a basis for the formation of the group.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Bronze Member

Just to let you guys know, there is a super long fancut of all the MCU movies which you might prefer. It's about twelve hours long however, but it compiles all the movies together and places them in chronological order, splicing scenes together to create a really good movie. Avengers is still one movie by itself though, as it happened last.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusky View Post
Just to let you guys know, there is a super long fancut of all the MCU movies which you might prefer. It's about twelve hours long however, but it compiles all the movies together and places them in chronological order, splicing scenes together to create a really good movie. Avengers is still one movie by itself though, as it happened last.
Would like to know where I can watch this please?

In regards to Avengers being boring I definitely disagree, I prefer to have a story line rather than unnecessary action and no plot. I thought it was great and looking forward to the next instalment as are the kids. Went to the cinema three times to see it and wasn't bored once.