report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2011, 09:34 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: ****** University Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Oh, and just another little FYI I'm starting an internship at a hospital next month. ******'s certificate for my completion of the Pharmacy Tech program was just as good as the associates degree that another tech has at the same hospital, and cost $5,000 less. In the end, all the hospitals seem really worried about is having your CPhT. So for being such a horrible school, they worked great for me.
You must feel accomplished graduating from a school that a 12-year-old could pass EASILY. You probably work for them and they pay you to refute anything negative people post on the internet about their HORRIBLE school.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:42 PM
I am new at Scam.com

And who says this you. I attand ****** University and it is the same just as a sit in college. Please get your facts correct before posting!!!!!1

Old 05-02-2011, 07:02 AM
I am new at Scam.com

For every good point some people raised about ****** (convenience, online classes, textbooks included in tuition cost, no admissions hassle - guaranteed admission if you have a GED or high school diploma, good teachers) - look at American Military/Public University for an online 4 or 2 year degree. They cost $250 per undergraduate semester credit. Most community colleges have even cheaper online associates programs that admit everyone with a GED or high school diploma.

Consider taking online or distance courses at extension (non-degree granting) programs offered by universities like Berkeley, Louisiana State University, Brigham Young, or UCLA. Anyone can sign up for virtually any class or certificate here immediately, with no admissions process - just online with a credit card and you are immediately set. Yes, the tuition rates are very good and you get regionally accredited undergraduate credit you can transfer to other places.

Most 2-year and 4-year colleges have a painless process to immediately register for online courses as a non-degree student. See Oregon State University's extended campus, for example.

Consider doing CLEP, DSST, UExcel or Excelsior exams (CLEP and DSST exams are as low as $110 per 3 hour semester exam including administrative costs. Excelsior exams cost $250 per 3 hour semester exam including administrative costs.) You will just need a credit card to register, and then schedule an exam for as soon as you want.

You can go to www.aleks.com and finish some undergraduate courses at a very low tuition rate.

You can use all the undergraduate credit you gained from these variety of sources, and keep transferring it, into a 4-year program at a place like Excelsior College or Charter Oak State College, that admit everyone with a GED or high school diploma and accept any regionally accredited or ACE evaluated credit. Just pay an annual enrollment fee to Excelsior to maintain continuous enrollment, and keep sending in the credit you are completing elsewhere. Excelsior College requires only a 3 semester hour online capstone course to be done with them, Charter Oak State College needs about 6 semester credit hours to be done with them.

I have only mentioned options that are open for everybody and are hassle-free. Arizona State University and Fort Hays State University have very cheap online programs and 90% acceptance rates, so admit virtually everybody.

Even if you go to a 4-year on-campus program, I am sure you could still transfer in online classes or credit by examination or distance learning courses and save AT LEAST SOME money and SOME time. So please read what I said carefully. Oh yeah, all my suggestions will help you get a regionally accredited 4 year degree, the highest there is.

Last edited by looking-through-a-mirror : 05-02-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I attending ****** University Online for one semester through a program with the company I work for...****** UNIVERSITY...a program called GOK Gift of Knowledge. This program is for all employees and provides the opportunity to continue your education *free* with few conditions. One condition being, you must maintain a GPA at or above 3.0 at all times, after you have completed your degree you must remain with the company (******) for a minimum of one-two years depending on when you began your GOK experience. Before I even began I should have know better. I was made to apply for loans and grants as well as pay cash. I believe it is based on the 90/10 guidelines. 90% tuition received can be grants or loans, 10% must be cash. At the time I was enrolled I received bad news from my physician and was scheduled for emergency surgery, a total hysterectomy. I was to be released from the hospital the day of my first class. I notified my rep immediately so that I could start at the next semester but was *encouraged* to keep my schedule and would be able to "work from your bed with your laptop" I believed what this man said and planned to attend. Needless to say my first few weeks post op were not exactly under the best conditions. I did not receive the 3.0 at the end of the semester, a 2.99 instead. I was no longer eligible for the GOK program. As a fairly intelligent person, I decided not to proceed with this university as the program was going to cost me 66k. If it's free it was worth a look into. I asked to be dropped from the program; I never attended one minute of the next semester, completed paperwork notified instructors that I would not be attending class.[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I was charged for the 2nd semesters classes at full price, as well as the 1st semester at full price. I never posted one minute of attendance, but because I emailed instructors that I would not be attending it was considered "Activity" on my account during the semester so they could, "bill me for the entire semester" This came straight from a manager named [/font]
GODWIN M. CARTY
Student Accounts Manager
6301 ****** University Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I have been fighting this company for reimbursement and will continue to so. I work for ****** College as a Medical Program Director and am appalled at the lack of integrity, ethics or morals. If it is this difficult for me to get a refund how hard must it be for people that are not a member of it's *Family*. [/font]

Old 10-23-2011, 06:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I used to be enrolled in ****** a few months back. PLEASE READ AND RESEARCH BEFORE YOU ATTEND!! I was and still am a single mom this was two years ago. I was all excited to be going to college online so I could stay at home with my newborn and make a living for me and him. The first couple months were great, I got good grades and everything was paid for. Then around the beginning of the second year shit hit the fan. I did not know about stipend checks, hey it was cool I started getting them every semester, well their is a hidden fee I was taking a medical assisting class and the course years fee was 897 out of pocket. They called me and harassed me for months that I would have to pay this out of pocket ASAP or I would be dismissed from the university, so I got ahold of financial aid who would send me countless times to student accounts, who would send me back to financial aid and no one knew a thing about what I was talking about, but I would receive endless phone calls and letters in the mail. So I finally got ahold of someone and they said just start sending in payments, so I sent in my first 50 dollar payment, an hour later someone called me and asked me when I can send more money in, they needed it. Ok then my grades got bad as the year ended, I was 2 months away from graduating and I got kicked out because I still had to pay out of pocket for this stupid fee. So now I sit here, and I am trying to attend a different college, ****** doesn't want to update my COD file so I can go to this other university, they need to take 90 days to finalize everything but I keep getting bills about how much student loans I am into them and how much I need to start paying back to them. It is complete harassment and utterly stupid. Please do your research before you decide to attend this school!!